Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Oct 8, 2013
7:34:26 AM
View profile
Why dont' my videos play?

I recently upgraded to HD w/DVR.

This morning I went to the Extras link and clicked on Music and Photos. I then connected to my computer.

When I select videos, All, all music videos I downloaded from YouTube appear. When I select one, it opens with the title and progress bar at the bottom but then the screen goes blank. No video/audio.

Any suggestions on what could be wrong appreciated. Is it possibly the wrong file extension? Most all are downloaded in FLV. Do they need to be converted and, if so, what extension?

Thanks for any recommendations.

I recently upgraded to HD w/DVR.

This morning I went to the Extras link and clicked on Music and Photos. I then connected to my computer.

When I select videos, All, all music videos I downloaded from YouTube appear. When I select one, it opens with the title and progress bar at the bottom but then the screen goes blank. No video/audio.

Any suggestions on what could be wrong appreciated. Is it possibly the wrong file extension? Most all are downloaded in FLV. Do they need to be converted and, if so, what extension?

Thanks for any recommendations.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 8, 2013 7:42:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
only MPEG2 video can be play using  MediaSahre
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Why dont' my videos play?

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 8, 2013 7:42:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Why dont' my videos play?

2 of 10 (290 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2013 7:52:19 AM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks for that info. Guess I have a lot of converting ahead of me.

Thanks for that info. Guess I have a lot of converting ahead of me.

3 of 10 (290 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2013 7:56:23 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
you are welcome
you are welcome

4 of 10 (290 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2013 10:44:30 AM
(0)
Expert

You might want to try a 3rd party software called TVersity.  It takes the place of Windows Media Player as the server.  The current version doesn’t work properly so I run version 1_7_4_1 and simply click “okay” if offered the update.  In addition I run the CCCP codec pack (not Insurgent) and refuse the TVersity codec version if offered.  One nice thing about TVersity is the Library tab where you can tell the program where to look for your files.  Another advantage is that the program will trans-code on the fly several file types to ones the Media Share program can play.  Note that you choose the “folder” option when selecting files to play.

http://www.fileol.com/audio-and-video/tversity-media-server-pro-1.7.4.1.html

http://www.cccp-project.net/

You might want to try a 3rd party software called TVersity.  It takes the place of Windows Media Player as the server.  The current version doesn’t work properly so I run version 1_7_4_1 and simply click “okay” if offered the update.  In addition I run the CCCP codec pack (not Insurgent) and refuse the TVersity codec version if offered.  One nice thing about TVersity is the Library tab where you can tell the program where to look for your files.  Another advantage is that the program will trans-code on the fly several file types to ones the Media Share program can play.  Note that you choose the “folder” option when selecting files to play.

http://www.fileol.com/audio-and-video/tversity-media-server-pro-1.7.4.1.html

http://www.cccp-project.net/

5 of 10 (290 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2013 11:13:06 AM
(0)
Teacher

Thank you for the info on TVersity. I apologize for my ignorance but do I

download to my computer or to DTV. If DTV, how do I do that?

Thank you for the info on TVersity. I apologize for my ignorance but do I

download to my computer or to DTV. If DTV, how do I do that?

6 of 10 (290 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2013 1:02:16 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
download to your computer from the link dcd provided
download to your computer from the link dcd provided

7 of 10 (290 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 28, 2013 7:07:15 PM
(0)
Teacher

I use universal media server and KLITE Codec pack and have no issues, it supports resume as well

I use universal media server and KLITE Codec pack and have no issues, it supports resume as well

8 of 10 (290 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2016 4:54:11 PM
(0)
Contributor

me too

me too

9 of 10 (256 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2016 5:49:38 PM
(0)
Teacher

TVersity will work for the HR24, but newer Genie receivers aren't supported by it (please correct me if I am wrong). You will be stuck with the generic Microsoft server or you will need to use a server specifically designed for Directv like TVShare .

I have to come clean and tell you that I am the developer for TVShare, but you can download it and use it for free to see if it works for you, so you don't have to convert all those videos manually. There are some limits on the free version but a lot of people find it useful anyway, and if you really like it you can buy it.

TVersity will work for the HR24, but newer Genie receivers aren't supported by it (please correct me if I am wrong). You will be stuck with the generic Microsoft server or you will need to use a server specifically designed for Directv like TVShare .

I have to come clean and tell you that I am the developer for TVShare, but you can download it and use it for free to see if it works for you, so you don't have to convert all those videos manually. There are some limits on the free version but a lot of people find it useful anyway, and if you really like it you can buy it.

10 of 10 (243 Views)