Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jun 25, 2014
7:53:09 PM
Videos from Computer plays in Media Share, but no sound and get video distortion

Help!

Help!

Videos from Computer plays in Media Share, but no sound and get video distortion

11 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(11)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2014 7:58:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

What video format are those files?

Has this ever worked properly for you?

What model HD DVR/Receiver do you have?

How is it connected to your home network?

What video format are those files?

Has this ever worked properly for you?

What model HD DVR/Receiver do you have?

How is it connected to your home network?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Videos from Computer plays in Media Share, but no sound and get video distortion

2 of 12 (8 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2014 8:09:01 PM
(0)
Tutor

mpeg2 files

Just tried it tonight...hasnt worked yet.

HR22 receiver

Connected wirelessly 

mpeg2 files

Just tried it tonight...hasnt worked yet.

HR22 receiver

Connected wirelessly 

Re: Videos from Computer plays in Media Share, but no sound and get video distortion

3 of 12 (8 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2014 8:10:49 PM
(0)
Tutor

The video plays fine in windows media player.

Sent from my iPhone

The video plays fine in windows media player.

Sent from my iPhone

4 of 12 (8 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2014 11:24:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The HR22 doesn't have a built-in WLAN/WiFi adapter, so how exactly is it connected to your home network?

The HR22 doesn't have a built-in WLAN/WiFi adapter, so how exactly is it connected to your home network?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 12 (8 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 26, 2014 3:41:41 AM
(0)
Tutor

I have a comcast arris wireless router. All of my laptops iPads and receivers are all on the network wirelessly. I can watch on demand movies and do pandora and you tube from this receiver.

Sent from my iPad

I have a comcast arris wireless router. All of my laptops iPads and receivers are all on the network wirelessly. I can watch on demand movies and do pandora and you tube from this receiver.

Sent from my iPad

6 of 12 (8 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 26, 2014 6:48:52 AM
(0)
Expert

Put an MP3 audio file in the default music folder in Windows and play it on your HR22.  Does it play properly? If yes, then the video file has an odd audio track.  Some of us run a 3rd party server software on our computers that allow a variety of formats to be played back in Mediashare.  If you're interested, post back and I'll post details of the software that I use.

Put an MP3 audio file in the default music folder in Windows and play it on your HR22.  Does it play properly? If yes, then the video file has an odd audio track.  Some of us run a 3rd party server software on our computers that allow a variety of formats to be played back in Mediashare.  If you're interested, post back and I'll post details of the software that I use.

7 of 12 (8 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 26, 2014 6:51:17 AM
(0)
Tutor

I will try later today but I am interested in hearing more! Please share how you've helped with this problem!!

Sent from my iPhone

I will try later today but I am interested in hearing more! Please share how you've helped with this problem!!

Sent from my iPhone

8 of 12 (8 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 26, 2014 6:57:16 AM
(0)
Expert

You might want to try a 3rd party software called TVersity.  It takes the place of Windows Media Player as the server.  The current version doesn’t work properly so I run version 1_7_4_1 and simply click “okay” if offered the update.  In addition I run the CCCP codec pack (not Insurgent) and refuse the TVersity codec version if offered.  One nice thing about TVersity is the Library tab where you can tell the program where to look for your files.  Another advantage is that the program will trans-code on the fly several file types to ones the Media Share program can play.  Note that you  loose the “folder” option when selecting files to play.

http://www.fileol.com/audio-and-video/tversity-media-server-pro-1.7.4.1.html

http://www.cccp-project.net/

You might want to try a 3rd party software called TVersity.  It takes the place of Windows Media Player as the server.  The current version doesn’t work properly so I run version 1_7_4_1 and simply click “okay” if offered the update.  In addition I run the CCCP codec pack (not Insurgent) and refuse the TVersity codec version if offered.  One nice thing about TVersity is the Library tab where you can tell the program where to look for your files.  Another advantage is that the program will trans-code on the fly several file types to ones the Media Share program can play.  Note that you  loose the “folder” option when selecting files to play.

http://www.fileol.com/audio-and-video/tversity-media-server-pro-1.7.4.1.html

http://www.cccp-project.net/

9 of 12 (8 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 26, 2014 12:47:06 PM
(0)
Tutor

Genius! TVersity is working like a charm! Just watched a video...and it had sound!

The video I had I had to convert to mpeg2...if I have a wmv file or any other file, will I still have to convert to mpeg2 before watching through mediashare? 

Genius! TVersity is working like a charm! Just watched a video...and it had sound!

The video I had I had to convert to mpeg2...if I have a wmv file or any other file, will I still have to convert to mpeg2 before watching through mediashare? 

10 of 12 (8 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2014 4:21:33 AM
(0)
Expert

The TVersity program will convert file types on the fly so they will play in Mediashare.  Note there is also a "library" function in TVersity where you can specify where the files are stored, such as an auxiliary drive.

The TVersity program will convert file types on the fly so they will play in Mediashare.  Note there is also a "library" function in TVersity where you can specify where the files are stored, such as an auxiliary drive.

11 of 12 (8 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2014 5:49:42 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks for the info. I've noticed today that videos that are 10minutes or longer will not play past about 2 minutes. Anything that can be done about that? The short videos are playing so far.

Thanks for the info. I've noticed today that videos that are 10minutes or longer will not play past about 2 minutes. Anything that can be done about that? The short videos are playing so far.

12 of 12 (8 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments