Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Mar 12, 2014
8:58:15 AM
View profile
So what gives with the media share now you see it now you don't

I searched but doesn't seem to be any real solution to the mystery disappearing media share!!  I've tried everything but sometimes I can access my music on my pc and sometimes it isn't an option under my 'menu' 'extras'.  PC is running, network is up, WiFi solid on pc & DTV but sometimes nada and I can turn all off and on, reset all, etc etc till I'm blue but just ain't happening.   Then, hours later bam surprise there it is. 

So, does DTV have any explanation or solution for this issue?  seems like it is pretty common. Very frustrating....

I searched but doesn't seem to be any real solution to the mystery disappearing media share!!  I've tried everything but sometimes I can access my music on my pc and sometimes it isn't an option under my 'menu' 'extras'.  PC is running, network is up, WiFi solid on pc & DTV but sometimes nada and I can turn all off and on, reset all, etc etc till I'm blue but just ain't happening.   Then, hours later bam surprise there it is. 

So, does DTV have any explanation or solution for this issue?  seems like it is pretty common. Very frustrating....

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 12, 2014 9:13:56 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Unfortunately Media Share is a feature left behind by DirecTV and is no longer supported by them. You use "As is"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

So what gives with the media share now you see it now you don't

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 12, 2014 9:13:56 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Unfortunately Media Share is a feature left behind by DirecTV and is no longer supported by them. You use "As is"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: So what gives with the media share now you see it now you don't

2 of 6 (12 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2014 10:06:36 AM
(0)
Contributor

whelp there it is!!  thanks for the info

whelp there it is!!  thanks for the info

3 of 6 (12 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 17, 2014 5:31:08 PM
(0)
Tutor

That is unfortunate. Now something has to be purchased to take it's place. I took the plunge and bought a WD Live TV, works great.

That is unfortunate. Now something has to be purchased to take it's place. I took the plunge and bought a WD Live TV, works great.

4 of 6 (12 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 18, 2014 3:35:34 AM
(0)
Expert

I assume that you're aware that when your computer shuts down the Mediashare feature disappears.  I use Mediashare frequently and find it to be very reliable.

I assume that you're aware that when your computer shuts down the Mediashare feature disappears.  I use Mediashare frequently and find it to be very reliable.

5 of 6 (12 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 19, 2014 3:39:56 PM
(0)
Mentor

The computer's media server may not have started properly. Windows media player has a streaming settings in the toolbar.

A third party software called TVersity  v1.74 is a Media Server which usually works at startup. Go to the computer's task manager and look at the processes for all users. You should see a MediaServer.exe installed by Tversity.

Strangely my other computer streams with Windows Media Player alone.   

The computer's media server may not have started properly. Windows media player has a streaming settings in the toolbar.

A third party software called TVersity  v1.74 is a Media Server which usually works at startup. Go to the computer's task manager and look at the processes for all users. You should see a MediaServer.exe installed by Tversity.

Strangely my other computer streams with Windows Media Player alone.   

6 of 6 (12 Views)