Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Nov 1, 2013
1:42:33 PM
View profile
Do you plan to support MP4 video formats soon?

I have a Belkin Media Server and have it connected to my DirectTV receiver, but can not play any MP4 formatted videos.  Is that format not supported?  It shows an "x" next to the video.

I have a Belkin Media Server and have it connected to my DirectTV receiver, but can not play any MP4 formatted videos.  Is that format not supported?  It shows an "x" next to the video.

Do you plan to support MP4 video formats soon?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2013 2:29:54 PM
(0)
Employee

Correct.  only MPEG2 is supported.  seeing how MS has always been in BETA, I doubt there will be anymore updates

Correct.  only MPEG2 is supported.  seeing how MS has always been in BETA, I doubt there will be anymore updates

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Do you plan to support MP4 video formats soon?

2 of 6 (97 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2013 3:20:41 PM
(0)
Contributor

So is it possible to link to an external storage drive from you DirectTV receiver and play newer formats? MP4?

So is it possible to link to an external storage drive from you DirectTV receiver and play newer formats? MP4?

3 of 6 (97 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2013 3:26:38 PM
(0)
Employee

No.  you can use 3rd party software to convert "on the fly"

No.  you can use 3rd party software to convert "on the fly"

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 6 (97 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2013 5:18:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Check out TVersity.

Check out TVersity.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 6 (97 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2013 1:04:15 PM
(0)
Expert

You might want to try a 3rd party software called TVersity.  It takes the place of Windows Media Player as the server.  The current version doesn’t work properly so I run version 1_7_4_1 and simply click “okay” if offered the update.  In addition I run the CCCP codec pack (not Insurgent) and refuse the TVersity codec version if offered.  One nice thing about TVersity is the Library tab where you can tell the program where to look for your files.  Another advantage is that the program will trans-code on the fly several file types to ones the Media Share program can play.  Note that you choose the “folder” option when selecting files to play.

http://www.fileol.com/audio-and-video/tversity-media-server-pro-1.7.4.1.html

http://www.cccp-project.net/

You might want to try a 3rd party software called TVersity.  It takes the place of Windows Media Player as the server.  The current version doesn’t work properly so I run version 1_7_4_1 and simply click “okay” if offered the update.  In addition I run the CCCP codec pack (not Insurgent) and refuse the TVersity codec version if offered.  One nice thing about TVersity is the Library tab where you can tell the program where to look for your files.  Another advantage is that the program will trans-code on the fly several file types to ones the Media Share program can play.  Note that you choose the “folder” option when selecting files to play.

http://www.fileol.com/audio-and-video/tversity-media-server-pro-1.7.4.1.html

http://www.cccp-project.net/

6 of 6 (97 Views)