Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Mar 30, 2014
2:24:47 PM
Directv MediaShare HR44/700 No files found.

Hello all.  Today I notice that there is a Mediashare app on the HR44/700.   I have my receiver connected to my home network.  The receiver can see my computer and my computer can see my receiver. However  when I go to folders or all video options on the receiver it says no files found or no files in this folder.  I am running windows 8.1.   Please help.

Hello all.  Today I notice that there is a Mediashare app on the HR44/700.   I have my receiver connected to my home network.  The receiver can see my computer and my computer can see my receiver. However  when I go to folders or all video options on the receiver it says no files found or no files in this folder.  I am running windows 8.1.   Please help.

Directv MediaShare HR44/700 No files found.

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2014 2:29:25 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

you need to put the files in the public folders

you need to put the files in the public folders

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Directv MediaShare HR44/700 No files found.

2 of 10 (98 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2014 2:42:47 PM
(0)
Teacher

im  going to try that now.

C:\Users\Public\Videos. 
did not work Smiley Sad

im  going to try that now.

C:\Users\Public\Videos. 
did not work Smiley Sad

3 of 10 (98 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2014 3:23:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

No inside on your Windows Media Player public folders

No inside on your Windows Media Player public folders

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 10 (98 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2014 7:36:28 PM
(0)
Teacher

thanks for your help.  it is working now.  I formatted my pc and reinstalled windows 8.1 and it worked.  the reason i reinstalled is cause  i often  disable services in services.msc

thanks for your help.  it is working now.  I formatted my pc and reinstalled windows 8.1 and it worked.  the reason i reinstalled is cause  i often  disable services in services.msc

5 of 10 (98 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2014 7:52:27 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Awesome.  Thanks for the update

Glad you were able to figure it out as that is all I knew since I use Mac OS X

Awesome.  Thanks for the update

Glad you were able to figure it out as that is all I knew since I use Mac OS X

6 of 10 (98 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2014 8:14:27 PM
(0)
Teacher

You're welcome.   Mpeg 2 Smiley Sad.  i don't assume you know a why to stream mpeg4 format to directv?

You're welcome.   Mpeg 2 Smiley Sad.  i don't assume you know a why to stream mpeg4 format to directv?

7 of 10 (98 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2014 3:49:40 AM
(0)
Expert

The Mediashare player in the DVR will play the following formats.  JPG, MP3 and MPG2.  If you wish to use different formats, you'll need to run a transcoder software on your computer.  Here's the blurb on the one I use.

You might want to try a 3rd party software called TVersity.  It takes the place of Windows Media Player as the server.  The current version doesn’t work properly so I run version 1_7_4_1 and simply click “okay” if offered the update.  In addition I run the CCCP codec pack (not Insurgent) and refuse the TVersity codec version if offered.  One nice thing about TVersity is the Library tab where you can tell the program where to look for your files.  Another advantage is that the program will trans-code on the fly several file types to ones the Media Share program can play.  Note that you choose the “folder” option when selecting files to play.

http://www.fileol.com/audio-and-video/tversity-media-server-pro-1.7.4.1.html

http://www.cccp-project.net/

The Mediashare player in the DVR will play the following formats.  JPG, MP3 and MPG2.  If you wish to use different formats, you'll need to run a transcoder software on your computer.  Here's the blurb on the one I use.

You might want to try a 3rd party software called TVersity.  It takes the place of Windows Media Player as the server.  The current version doesn’t work properly so I run version 1_7_4_1 and simply click “okay” if offered the update.  In addition I run the CCCP codec pack (not Insurgent) and refuse the TVersity codec version if offered.  One nice thing about TVersity is the Library tab where you can tell the program where to look for your files.  Another advantage is that the program will trans-code on the fly several file types to ones the Media Share program can play.  Note that you choose the “folder” option when selecting files to play.

http://www.fileol.com/audio-and-video/tversity-media-server-pro-1.7.4.1.html

http://www.cccp-project.net/

8 of 10 (98 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2014 11:02:44 AM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks. Will tversify upscale the quality of the video?

Thanks. Will tversify upscale the quality of the video?

9 of 10 (98 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2014 11:16:38 AM
(0)
Expert

No, in fact there is no such thing as a software fix for low resolution video, audio or images, at least so far as I know.  Keep in mind that Mediashare was the very first network feature released to a then brand new HR20 HD DVR.  It was (and is) intended to show home movies and images and does a decent job of playing a MP3 music collection.  It lacks trick play so folks get discouraged when trying to use it to play DVD's from their computer as if the playback gets interrupted, you must start all over from the beginning.

No, in fact there is no such thing as a software fix for low resolution video, audio or images, at least so far as I know.  Keep in mind that Mediashare was the very first network feature released to a then brand new HR20 HD DVR.  It was (and is) intended to show home movies and images and does a decent job of playing a MP3 music collection.  It lacks trick play so folks get discouraged when trying to use it to play DVD's from their computer as if the playback gets interrupted, you must start all over from the beginning.

10 of 10 (98 Views)