Explore & discover

Helpful Links

using my direct tv in rv

Highlighted
Contributor

using my direct tv in rv

Is the Dish Tailgater compatable with direct tv receiver?

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert

Re: using my direct tv in rv

Most likely, "no".  But what model DirecTV Receiver do you have?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Contributor

The box says HR44NC-200-T

Message 3 of 7
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎03-09-2016 1:44 PM

Definitely no as the HR44 is SWM only you need a SWM slimline dish and power inserter or a DTV dish with a SWM8 module and power inserter.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 7
Contributor

I would like to purchase a Tripod kit for my RV and have compatability questions.

I have a DirectTV HD system in my home, master receiver in the living room, plus two C51-100 mini receivers in two bedrooms.

1). I dont want to take the master receiver from the home because its to big and people will still be home watching TV, while I'm away.

2). Will the mini C51-100 receiver from the bedroom work with a tripod kit alone, or will I have to have another model of receiver? Please provide details on how to get the right system.

Message 5 of 7
ACE - Expert

No, the minis will not work without the Genie.

solidsignal.com sells tripod/dish kits and you would need an HRDVR or HXX receiver like the HR24 or H25 added to you account.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
Message 6 of 7
Expert

No, the C51 will not work without the Genie.  You would need a stand alone receiver such as a D12 for SD only or an H24 or H25 for HD

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support