Explore & discover

Helpful Links

rv camping

Contributor

rv camping

I have a hr24/100 receiver with a slimline HD dish, when i go camping can i use my old 18 by 20 single head dish? Also it has two coax cables coming out of it, do i hook them both up and where? I know i need to change the dish, and to multi-switch, also do u leave the input on hdmi1? please any and all help would be great.

Message 1 of 4
Expert

Re: rv camping

first if you LNB has only two outputs, then you have an 18 round dish.  note that this dish will get your any HD channels.  if you want FULL DVR functionality, you must run both cables from the LNB to the HR24. there is really no need to connect the HR24 with HDMI because you would not get any HD channels, but it would not hurt either,  it your choice

Message 2 of 4
ACE - Expert

peds48 meant to say that your dish will NOT receive any of your HD channels.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4
Expert

Quote: Originally Posted by litzdog911 

peds48 meant to say that your dish will NOT receive any of your HD channels.  

ditto.  thanks litz....

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support