remote volume issue

Tutor

remote volume issue

Does anyone know how to program volume on the remote to work by just holding down the volume button instead of having to keep pushing the button?

Message 1 of 9
ACE - Expert

Re: remote volume issue

There's no way to reprogram the DirecTV Remote to do this. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 9
Employee

What is the model number of the remote control and the make of your TV

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 9
Administrator

It depends on the TV.  I can use the RC71 with the Sony Bravia in our bedroom, and hold the volume up or down, it will continue to raise or lower, until I release.

Post the mfg. & model of TV, along with which DirecTV box and remote model info.

Message 4 of 9
Tutor

I just programmed this remote because my last remote was having trouble with "9"" when changing channels. My last remote you would just hold down the button and volume would adjust. The remote model is rc65rbx. My tv is a samsung.  I had this same issue with previous remote and a tech help me fix but I called and no one could help this time.

Message 5 of 9
Employee

Move the slide switch to TV

1. Press and hold MUTE and SELECT (LED flashes twice)

2. Enter 10812

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 9
Tutor

That's it!   Thank you so much!!!!!

Message 7 of 9
Employee

Awesome.  Thanks for the update.

**Click the "Helpful Answer" star on the left to say 'Thanks'**

***Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Correct' if it solves your problem.

Employee Contributor*
Message 8 of 9
Tutor

Done...bless you Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Need immediate assistance with your bill or technical issue? Don’t wait, Click here to chat with us. You can also check out some helpful articles below!

Additional Support