Explore & discover

Helpful Links

remodel house

Contributor

remodel house

We did a remodel of our house and moved into the garage during construction. we had the dish and router moved to the garage.

we are now ready to move back into the house and need the router moved back into the house  but want to keep the dish on the garage and keep the tv in the garage hooked up.

how do I schedule someone to confirm this will work and also do the relocation of the router and hook up the tvs in the house?

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Master

Re: remodel house

directv does not have a router, call your internet provider for that

for the tv schedule a service call, it will not be free

cost will depend what need to be done

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
Contributor

ATT is the provider- needed someone from directv to move the dish and hook up the tv and needed someone from att to hook up the "router" .

is there someone that can do both of these tasks at the same time?

can I schedule a service call on line?

Message 3 of 6
ACE - Master

nope, you will need 2 separate techs

and you need to call customer service to have it done

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6
Contributor

If I have the router installed in the house and the garage is to far away for the genie to pick up , do I need a router for the garage and one for the house?

Is there a consultant for ATT/directv that i can schedule to see what i want is feasible before I schedule to have the work done?

Message 5 of 6
ACE - Master

the genie does not NEED the router, have the router moved, then the genie

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support