problems reprogramming volume on sharp tv

problems reprogramming volume on sharp tv

It has worked fine for years and just stopped today, I have tried all the codes offered and nothing.  I just cannot get it reprogrammed?! Help!

Message 1 of 12 (307 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: problems reprogramming volume on sharp tv

It would help to know what model DirecTV Remote you have (number on top front corner), and what model Sharp TV you have, and also what model  DirecTV DVR/Receiver.   I assume you've replaced the remote's batteries?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 12 (71 Views)

RC64 is the number on the top corner of the remote. Is the tv model #LC 52SB55U possibly? And the DVR reciever is HR24/500. And I have changed the batteries.

Message 3 of 12 (71 Views)
Employee

Move the slide switch to TV

1. Press and hold MUTE and SELECT (LED flashes twice)

2. Enter 10093

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 12 (71 Views)

Nope, nothing. 

Message 5 of 12 (71 Views)
ACE - Expert

Does "nothing"  mean that the remote's lights are not flashing?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 12 (71 Views)

Im sorry, no I see the lights flashing but the volume still does not work.

Message 7 of 12 (71 Views)
Employee

try the original TV remote, does it work?

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 8 of 12 (71 Views)

I cant seem to locate it but the volume does work manually.  Could I just need a new remote?  Its just so strange, it was working just hours ago!

Message 9 of 12 (71 Views)
Employee

manually does not test the TV IR sensor, which is what is at play here

you might need a new TV!

Employee Contributor*
Message 10 of 12 (71 Views)

I will have to find that remote!  The tv is only two years old and a 50 inch flat screen so replacing it isnt reallly an option!

Message 11 of 12 (71 Views)
Professor

Try the following:

1. tv

2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release

3. enter 1 1 0 8 9

1. tv

2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release

3. enter 9 9 3

4. press SELECT

Message 12 of 12 (71 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Need immediate assistance with your bill or technical issue? Don’t wait, Click here to chat with us. You can also check out some helpful articles below!

Additional Support