Explore & discover

Helpful Links

moving

Contributor

moving

When I move will direct tv relocate my dish to my new residence? And will there be a charge?
Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by ATTJulieCS
‎07-08-2016 7:40 AM

Re: moving

How long have you had DirecTV.   They offer a Mover's Package that will set up a new dish and your equipment at your new residence.  

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/movers

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
ACE - Expert

You own the dish and everything but the receivers, DTV doesn't remove dishes, best to leave the mounting plate attached to the roof until it is re roofed

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 6
Contributor

I was a UVERSE TV subscriber for several years.  Early this year, AT&T offered a special deal to change from UVERSE to DIRECTTV.  So I changed.  Now I am moving to a new residence and DIRECTTV wants to charge me a large fee to move my service to the new address.  I have been trying unsuccessfully to talk to someone at ATT for some help.  I don't want to go back to cable, but I might.  Can anyone tell me how to get ATT help with this since they in essence moved me to DIRECTTV.

Message 4 of 6
ACE - Expert

Unless you have been a DTV customer for a year you don't qualify for the movers deal.

Message 5 of 6
Expert

@ROBO-ONE Correct, your service contract with DIRECTV states that you qualify for a free mover's only after completing 12 months of service with DIRECTV.  I guess you should have waited until you moved to change services.

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support