Explore & discover

Helpful Links

hs17 install. 4k channels don't work and digital life tv app not functioning.

hs17 install. 4k channels don't work and digital life tv app not functioning.

Installed new Genie 2 with 3 4k wired minis and one HD wireless mini. Tuning to any 4k channel gets a blank screen tv (TCL)seems to disconnected from receiver. Secondly the Digital Life TV app will not function on either of the new receivers. I've spent a long time with phone support of both Directv and Digital Life and still have no solution. Digital Life did a remote system test on my controller and for some reason after I now have a third wifi network whose name is in part my Digital Life passphrase!? Don't know how or why they did that. The three networks are "home","DIRECTV-****" and, "DIRECTV-HU(mypassphrase)SmsHA. I called back to have the last one removed 2hrs ago. I was told it was taken care of but my phone still sees it as an available network. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Master

Re: hs17 install. 4k channels don't work and digital life tv app not functioning.

the directv network is auto created by the hs17, you cant turn it off.  its for wireless minis

digital life is an att thing.  directv has nothing to do with it.

yes they are owned by att, but a separate company

are the minis hooked direct to the tv?

make sure the tvs have the latest firmware

make sure the 4k tvs have an hdcp 2.2 port

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6

Re: hs17 install. 4k channels don't work and digital life tv app not functioning.

Update: Two of the 4k tvs are functioning normally now. One still will not play 4k channels. the closest to the hs17 and my wifi router. The suspect ssid is no longer broadcasting. and none of the minis will open the on screen digital life app.

Message 3 of 6
ACE - Master

wifi has nothing to do with it

any internet to a mini is provided through the genie

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6

Just swapped HDMI cable 4k is now working thanks. Now all I have to do is figure out the TV app issue.

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted

I mentioned the WiFi because the info I found stated the hs17 needed to be 4 feet from WiFi router for saturation issues. What helped besides swapping the cable oh course was resetting the whole system. After which all the minis seemed to work/act differently. Still don't know how or why Digital Life created a broadcasted network. I'm guessing the Digital Life controller is not communicating with the hs17. Thanks for you help.

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support