Explore & discover

Helpful Links

how do I create a favorites list of channels?

Tutor

how do I create a favorites list of channels?

How do I create a favorites list of channels?

Message 1 of 10
Highlighted
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎02-11-2019 3:37 PM

Re: how do I create a favorites list of channels?

Info>right arrow to Favorites>then select setup custom 1 or 2

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 10
Tutor

When I press right arrow, I get a message that I am not connected to the internet and a bunch of stuff that I should do.  However, I AM connected to the internet (as you can see from this message) and it still shows not connected even after pressing the red button.  How do I connect to the internet?   Obviously it doesn't use wi-fi.  I use Eero and have a very strong signal.

Message 3 of 10
ACE - Expert

You don't need an internet connection to set up Favorites.  

Be sure to press INFO to bring up the INFO Banner before pressing the arrow keys to navigate the menu.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 10
Tutor

Thank you - got it!  However, I still would like to know what I have to do to get the internet.
Message 5 of 10
ACE - Expert

@LarryRapp wrote:
Thank you - got it!  However, I still would like to know what I have to do to get the internet.

What's your DVR model number?

Message 6 of 10
Tutor

I don't think it's a DVR.  On the bottom it says H25-500 fir the FCC model number and 5368 2919 5399 for the made un China model number.  

Message 7 of 10
ACE - Expert

@LarryRapp wrote:

I don't think it's a DVR.  On the bottom it says H25-500 fir the FCC model number and 5368 2919 5399 for the made un China model number.  

Doesn't matter.  Pretty much the same process to set up Favorites list.   But the  menus are different than the newer Genie DVRs. 

Message 8 of 10
ACE - Expert

H25's can't use On Demand as they don't have a hard drive to buffer the streaming content.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
Message 9 of 10
ACE - Expert

Right, there's no benefit to connecting an H25 HD Receiver to the internet.  Streaming/OnDemand requires an HD DVR.

Message 10 of 10
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support