Explore & discover

Helpful Links

hooking directv to an old SD tv??

Highlighted
Tutor

hooking directv to an old SD tv??

Hi all. I'm new here. Directv is coming out sometime today to install services but I forgot to ask them if it could even be done. I have an older SD tv. It only has coax jack no rca jacks. I already own a rca converter thing. (Sorry don't know the proper term) problem is the rca jack converter hooks to the tv by coax cable. So how can they connect my hd dvr and the rca jack converter to my tv??? Thanks so much!

Message 1 of 4
Expert
Solution
Accepted by Anonymous
Accepted by Anonymous
‎10-11-2013 7:50 AM

Re: hooking directv to an old SD tv??

The tech should be able to use the RF modulator " or RCA converter thing" that you have to connect to your SD TV.

the HDDVR connects to the RF MOD using composite cables (yellow, red and white RCA type cables) and using a coax cable from the RF to the TV

Message 2 of 4
Tutor

Okay awesome! I wasn't sure if the hd dvr connected to the tv by coax cable or not and since the rf modulator (thanks) connects to tv using coax cable I was uncertain as to how it could be done.

Message 3 of 4
Expert

You are welcome

If you think your question was resolved, please mark the question as "correct". Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support