Explore & discover

Helpful Links

dirct tv complaint

dirct tv complaint

I moved from Canada – did lease house in Plano Texas 75025.

When direct TV was installed, I did inquire how the equipment would be installed (exterior of the house).

The customer service representative did advise me according to OSHA regulation the equipment would always be installed on the post or on the wall not on the roof. She assured me a couple of times that technicians are not allowed to do it that way due to osha regulation . Ofcourse being new for work in  US and ways things are done in Canada i trusted the direct TV represenatative esp when she started talking Osha regulation an i am well verse with regulations due to my work. So i thought she definitely knew what she was talking about.

So I was okay with that and got the AT & T to install the direct tv and my internet. Of course, I trusted AT & T company, so I didn’t need to take a ladder and check hows it done. I have  kids and i work from home so didn't think it was needed. I am guessing if anything is installed no customer is going to go outside and check because they would trust the company. Unless you are doing a renovation and paying the contractor for a specific job, then you would check the work.

My Lease was up so I canceled my direct tv service  in June to be moved to the next home which is Plano Texas 75025, I received a call from the Property manager after they did an entire inspection of the house the day I was moving  saying that the equipment was installed on the roof by DIRECT TV technicians damaged his clients roof  shingles, it was very badly installed so  they had removed the equipment and repair back the roof which costed them $350 and that was taken from my deposit.

I have now canceled my direct tv with AT & T since no one seems to be owning the responsibility of what happened. i just have my internet since i need it for my work purpose.

The Manager from offshore is not really helpful, when i asked her if i could send the pictures of before installaiton and after just showing the damage and the invoice they charged me $350.

she advise me that she has no INTERNET ACCESS at all and she wouldn't be able to help me at all.  which i found it strange its Direct TV & AT & T we are talking about who doesn't have an e-mail address that works for AT & T or out sourced doens't matter but if you are a manager you definitely would have an e-mail address. i even asked which country she's in i could tell its Asia but she said she's not allowed to give that information to anyone.

She said since i cancelled my Direct TV there's nothing anything can be done, i said the reason i cancelled because of that and secondly its one bill i still receive my internet bill just the direct tv doesn't show any more.

i worked in Canada for one of the big telecommunication companies Bell Canada and Telus Mobility i completely undersand how the system works. i guess it might be just a bit different because its US.

But what upsets me many friends told me to be watchful and don't take AT & T service i didn't believe them , so i decided to take it , initially it was a disaster with my internet i had three defective modem that i had to change but afterthat  everything was so great and i honestly started liking their service no issue at all till couple of months back.

Please if you could advise me how do i contact direct tv to lodge this complain i have called atleast 10-12 times speaking to different represenative one person infact said there's no way its installed on the rool , technicians are not suppose to install i even told her i got the images and damage but she couldn't help.

They kept agreeing that its not right and they understand my situation and kept transferring me to different departments hoping someone would help me.

i spent several hours on the phone for almost two months and not getting anywhere.

Sometimes i feel AT & T likes to put us in this torture so we get fed up and ultiamately give up

Thank you

Mel

Message 1 of 8

Re: dirct tv complaint

i  moved from Canada – did lease house in Plano Texas 75025.

When direct TV was installed, I did inquire how the equipment would be installed (exterior of the house).

The customer service representative did advise me according to OSHA regulation the equipment would always be installed on the post or on the wall not on the roof. She assured me a couple of times that technicians are not allowed to do it that way due to osha regulation . Ofcourse being new for work in  US and ways things are done in Canada i trusted the direct TV represenatative esp when she started talking Osha regulation an i am well verse with regulations due to my work. So i thought she definitely knew what she was talking about.

So I was okay with that and got the AT & T to install the direct tv and my internet. Of course, I trusted AT & T company, so I didn’t need to take a ladder and check hows it done. I have  kids and i work from home so didn't think it was needed. I am guessing if anything is installed no customer is going to go outside and check because they would trust the company. Unless you are doing a renovation and paying the contractor for a specific job, then you would check the work.

My Lease was up so I canceled my direct tv service  in June to be moved to the next home which is Plano Texas 75025, I received a call from the Property manager after they did an entire inspection of the house the day I was moving  saying that the equipment was installed on the roof by DIRECT TV technicians damaged his clients roof  shingles, it was very badly installed so  they had removed the equipment and repair back the roof which costed them $350 and that was taken from my deposit.

I have now canceled my direct tv with AT & T since no one seems to be owning the responsibility of what happened. i just have my internet since i need it for my work purpose.

The Manager from offshore is not really helpful, when i asked her if i could send the pictures of before installaiton and after just showing the damage and the invoice they charged me $350.

she advise me that she has no INTERNET ACCESS at all and she wouldn't be able to help me at all.  which i found it strange its Direct TV & AT & T we are talking about who doesn't have an e-mail address that works for AT & T or out sourced doens't matter but if you are a manager you definitely would have an e-mail address. i even asked which country she's in i could tell its Asia but she said she's not allowed to give that information to anyone.

She said since i cancelled my Direct TV there's nothing anything can be done, i said the reason i cancelled because of that and secondly its one bill i still receive my internet bill just the direct tv doesn't show any more.

i worked in Canada for one of the big telecommunication companies Bell Canada and Telus Mobility i completely undersand how the system works. i guess it might be just a bit different because its US.

But what upsets me many friends told me to be watchful and don't take AT & T service i didn't believe them , so i decided to take it , initially it was a disaster with my internet i had three defective modem that i had to change but afterthat  everything was so great and i honestly started liking their service no issue at all till couple of months back.

Please if you could advise me how do i contact direct tv to lodge this complain i have called atleast 10-12 times speaking to different represenative one person infact said there's no way its installed on the rool , technicians are not suppose to install i even told her i got the images and damage but she couldn't help.

They kept agreeing that its not right and they understand my situation and kept transferring me to different departments hoping someone would help me.

i spent several hours on the phone for almost two months and not getting anywhere.

Sometimes i feel AT & T likes to put us in this torture so we get fed up and ultiamately give up

Thank you

Mel

Message 2 of 8
ACE - Professor

I understand your complaint, but you sent it to the wrong place. This is the DirecTV NOW streaming forum, and has nothing to do with DirecTV satellite service except for the similar name.

You need to contact DirecTV Satellite services about this.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 8
ACE - Expert

The dish became yours when it was installed so you are liable for future damages and if there were damages at that time you needed to file a damage claim then, not sure why you allowed them to install on the roof or why you signed the work order saying you where satisfied with the install.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 8

I didn’t sign anything to be put on the roof
They said it wasn’t allowed on the roof due to Osha regulation
I signed when they told me the work was completed

So if the technician damage the roof you are saying it’s the customers fault
Message 5 of 8
ACE - Professor

Please move this discussion to a satellite forum.

Us streamers think a "dish" is something you eat off.:-)

Message 6 of 8
ACE - Expert

OSHA rules don't prevent roof installs only prevent the tech from leaving the ladder without proper safety equipment. As stated damages caused at the time of install should have been claimed at that time.

Message 7 of 8

Ok then please make sure the direct tv At & T representatives are properly trained and given right information they are not communicating the same message to customers.

How would I have know this or Why would I say this unless I have been told
I now understand how how direct tv operates the issue is that you’ll have so many off shore call center everyone says what they want and it difficult to track the same person who did confirm that
Every time I call I always get transferred at-least 3-4 times .
It’s really frustrating to trust the company again and now I have my internet and two cells which slowly will be moving to another company
Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support