can I move my dish?

Highlighted
Contributor

can I move my dish?

I need my dish moved about 5 feet west. Will this cost me?

Message 1 of 5
Contributor

Re: can I move my dish?

If it's going to cost to move it, I guess its time to switch to Dish.

Message 2 of 5
ACE - Professor

most likely.

call and find out, it could be covered under warranty if you have the protection plan

is there a reason your moving it?

signal issues? new roof?

or just because?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5
Master

Having a tech come out to relocate equipment because you've chosen to do so would normally come with a cost. You shouldn't just expect that they are supposed to do this for free. But you would need to call Directv 1-800-531-5000 to discuss it. Technical issues with service the require a tech to come out are normally $49.95, covered if you have the equipment protection plan. If you are having dish moved because of roof work or something else, that may be another matter.

So check with Directv to see what exactly any costs might be involved. But switching providers just because you don't get something free would be a bit drastic.

Message 4 of 5
ACE - Master

You own it so you can move it.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Need immediate assistance with your bill or technical issue? Don’t wait, Click here to chat with us. You can also check out some helpful articles below!

Additional Support