Explore & discover

Helpful Links

at and t won't cancel my direct tv service or internet installation.

Contributor

at and t won't cancel my direct tv service or internet installation.

after I was forced to get this package. 

Through a costco store.

I called two times both times got excuses as why they couldn't cancel worst company ever!!!

Just understand the cops will be waiting for you when the direct tv car shows up because I"m calling them tomorrow.

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: at and t won't cancel my direct tv service or internet installation.

????

So how were you "forced" to get this service?

Realize also that those folks at places like Costco are not actually AT&T or DirecTV employees. They work for third party resellers, and often employee questionable sales tactics with outrageous promises.  And nothing is final until your equipment is actually installed and you accept the order confirmation service agreement. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: at and t won't cancel my direct tv service or internet installation.

@JDOGFTW wrote:

after I was forced to get this package. 

Through a costco store.

I called two times both times got excuses as why they couldn't cancel worst company ever!!!

Just understand the cops will be waiting for you when the direct tv car shows up because I"m calling them tomorrow.

You were not forced to get DirecTV, that was your choice to place the order or not. Agents at Costco are not DirecTV employees but a 3rd party retailer that sends new orders to other companies. Some of them try really hard to convince you to sign up, but in the end it is your choice. If you cannot say no, that is a personal issue.

Calling DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 is the only way to cancel the order itself. They have recently had a big push within the last week or so migrating legacy DirecTV customers into a new AT&T billing system so that has affected some options, so a small chance that affects closing the order as normal.

Cops will probably tell you waste of time for them waiting for DirecTV tech as not their fault. All you do is when tech shows up that you refuse install and the tech leaves. Remember the tech cannot close the order, only mark the appointment that you refused install. You still have to call to cancel the order itself.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support