Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Wireless connection

Highlighted
Tutor

Wireless connection

I have a Hr24-200 receiver and a Hr23-700 receiver. I need to connect then wirelessly to the internet......do I need the CCK? Which one? Will one work for both receivers? Thanks.

Message 1 of 10
ACE - Expert

Re: Wireless connection

Do you have a SWM system? You need a CCKW if you don't have a SWM system then you will need 2.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 10
Tutor

I do the SWM connector....is that what you mean?
Message 3 of 10
Tutor

Is that the little black box that hooks to the back of the receiver?

Message 4 of 10
ACE - Expert

No, this is what you need and use the coax connectors, remove the coax from either one of your receivers and connect it to the To SWM port on the CCKW then use the coax jumper to connect the other port on the CCKW to the receiver the run the internet setup on that receiver.

https://www.amazon.com/DIRECTV-Wireless-Cinema-Connection-DCAW1R0-01/dp/B005RCZEIY/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF...

Little black box sounds like a BBC which means you don't have a SWM system and the above will not work.

Are there 2 coaxes connected to the receivers?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 10
Tutor

78D1DD78-AED8-4915-8BCC-F283E8E5C3EF.jpeg

This is what it looks like

Message 6 of 10
ACE - Expert

That is the power inserter so you do have a SWM system.

Message 7 of 10
Tutor

Ok....so just order that CCK and set it up like you said above and I should be all set?

Message 8 of 10
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by hoppeshe
‎11-18-2018 6:10 PM

SWM allows you to only need one box connected to internet. Old multiswitch cabling (pre-SWM) you needed each HDDVR connected separately.

Cinema Connection Kit (CCK) full cost is $99. But you might get it cheaper as DirecTV wants all their customers to be internet connected. The CCK only uses the 2.4Ghz frequency of internet routers.

Alternatively you could upgrade your HR23 to a Genie (NOT the Genie-2 HS17). The 2nd/3rd generation Genies that are available (HR44 and HR54) have the wireless CCK built in. They also support both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands. The Genie is a 5 tuner HDDVR with 1TB recording space. Make sure you are caught up on your recordings on the one box as they do not transfer to the replacement. If you don't already have it, this upgrade would add the Whole Home DVR service which is just $3. Allows each box to watch the recordings of the other. If you choose this option, just do NOT replace the HR24 with a Mini Genie Client as it works with the Genie.

Like other devices, wired connection to your router is still preferred.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Tags (1)
Message 9 of 10
Tutor

Thanks so much!!
Message 10 of 10
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support