Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Wireless Video Bridge connections

Contributor

Wireless Video Bridge connections

My new home has Direct TV installed but the house is so large that wireless Genie’s do not work at the far ends of the house. The Direct TV installation technician recommended I add wireless video bridges to get service throughout the house. 

How do I order wireless video bridges?

Do wireless video bridges need to be physically connected to the Direct TV dish? If no, then are there instructions online for connecting?

If a physical connection is needed then I have the following questions.

1. From the far ends of the house where does the cable need to run, to the Direct TV dish on the roof?
  2. Should I use RG11?
  3. Is there a maximum length of cable that can be installed from the dish to the wireless video bridge?
  4. Is there any other equipment needed to setup the wireless Genie and the wireless video bridge?

Thank you

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by JPiperL
‎01-28-2019 9:47 PM

Re: Wireless Video Bridge connections

The coax goes to the SWM splitter and 150' with RG6 is the max DTV recommends, you can daisy chain WVBs using the second coax connector on the WVB, you can get them online maybe cheaper then what DTV sells them. Why didn't the tech run coax?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Wireless Video Bridge connections

Thank you for the information. I bought two WVB's on Amazon and have someone who can run the cable. I'm not sure why the tech didn't offer. But, his solution idea at least got things started. I will probably contact Direct when I am ready to hook up.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support