Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Where's My Tech - DIRECTV appointment

Contributor

Where's My Tech - DIRECTV appointment

Had an appointment from 12-4, but the tech never showed. On the phone with DirecTV off and on until 8pm the same day. Still no resolution and no notice of if the tech will be able to be out tomorrow. Tried to tell me the next available appt is 8 days away, even though it was their fault the original appt was missed. Terrible service today. Makes zero sense. 

Message 1 of 7
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Where's My Tech - DIRECTV appointment

https://forums.att.com/t5/System-Installation/Where-s-My-Tech-DIRECTV-appointment/m-p/4879375?status...

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Contributor

I appreciate the reply, but that doesn’t help. It just lets me book the next available, which is 8 days away. DirecTV missed the appt that I waited around for and needs to come the following day. 

Message 3 of 7
ACE - Expert

You can keep checking to see if an earlier appointment opens up.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 7
Contributor

So, if DirecTV doesn’t to their job, then I have to spend more of my time on the phone to try and reconcile their mistakes!?! Great business plan. 

Message 5 of 7
ACE - Expert

@elms84 wrote:

So, if DirecTV doesn’t to their job, then I have to spend more of my time on the phone to try and reconcile their mistakes!?! Great business plan. 

Yep.  No different than any other TV service providers, phone company, etc. 

Message 6 of 7
Contributor

You could try visiting the store you may have set it up with. A lot of the time, they aren’t entirely aware of the situation and would be more than willing to reschedule your appointment. Even if it wasn’t set up in store you could visit your local AT&T. They had an issue the last couple of weeks due to a strike the technicians were on. It’s caused a lot of scheduling issues since they’ve been back to work. 

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support