Explore & discover

Helpful Links

What you’ll Need for DIRECTV Outdoors and Tailgating

Highlighted
Community Support

What you’ll Need for DIRECTV Outdoors and Tailgating

As an extra, for those of you that camp/tailgate/picnic, you can use this option to keep up to date with the outside world!!!

Slide2.JPG

It is Summertime and we know how important being outdoors is and for those people who want to enjoy the experience a little more, we wanted to share some info on what you will need:

• A TV with a stand
  • A Dish with a tripod. You can order a dish here! Some of our members get creative and build their tripod or purchase one from stores or online.
  • A receiver with an access card! – Our members usually use a box they have at home.
  • Power! In order for everything to work, a high quality power inverter that can handle the devices you wish to connect is recommended!
  • Cords – You will need the cable that goes from the dish to the receiver and the receiver to the TV.

Get more information about a Portable Dish. To receive DIRECTV broadcast signals, your standard satellite dish must be correctly positioned, which is fairly simple to do yourself using DIRECTV's Dish Pointing Basics.

If you need more information, we will be glad to help. Please send us a message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you. We will get back to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-ATTDIRECTVCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 5
Contributor

Tailgating with Drectv

I need information on what I need and how to set up? I was going to use a KingQuest, it was for Directv, but in the fine print it would not work with my HR-54-500 reciever. I need some help.

Message 2 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: Tailgating with Drectv

a

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5
Contributor

I'm trying to set up my SL3 with my hr24 in my backyard before I go tailgate. Done this before, but this time, with a strong signal from the 101 and 99, I'm unable to get a signal on my locals. All HD channels come through fine, just not locals. Please help. 

Message 4 of 5
ACE - Expert

@CMakiri wrote:

I'm trying to set up my SL3 with my hr24 in my backyard before I go tailgate. Done this before, but this time, with a strong signal from the 101 and 99, I'm unable to get a signal on my locals. All HD channels come through fine, just not locals. Please help. 

See if this video helps ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA1krU8eo8E&t=12s

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support