Westinghouse VR-3225

sha
Contributor

Westinghouse VR-3225

Need remote TV code for Westinghouse VR-3225, just purchased November 2011

Message 1 of 17
Contributor

Re: Westinghouse VR-3225

I need this too! Hopefully someone can help!

Message 2 of 17
sha
Contributor

Ok, found this on another forum, 10178 works, but I cannot access the format to change the screen display size.  Any idea on that?

Message 3 of 17
ACE - Expert

Quote: Originally Posted by sha 

Ok, found this on another forum, 10178 works, but I cannot access the format to change the screen display size.  Any idea on that?

Your DirecTV remote won't be able to control your TV's "size" or "format" settings.  You'll need the TV's remote for that. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 17
Contributor

Thanks so much sha! I called both directv and westinghouse and had no luck with any of the codes they gave me. This one does work! Yay!

Just wondering though, when I hit the off button that is suppose to turn both the tv and the directv off, it only cuts the directv. The tv says "no signal" but I guess it still stays on? I had the same thing with my other tv too. Do they all do this?

Message 5 of 17
Contributor

Thanks! I've been working on the same problem for hours, I tried all the on screen instructions to enter codes, talked to 2 different dtv agents, then  I stumbled onto this forum. I have the VR-4030 and the code 10718 works. The only thing that is a little bit bothersome is I have to move the the top selector switch to tv to turn it off and on, then move it back to dtv to use the receiver. Until they come up with a better code this is 99% better than having to keep up with 2 remote controls.

Thanks again!

Message 6 of 17
Professor

try codes 10056 or 11758

Message 7 of 17
Contributor

@tivoburkee  

Thanks!  11758 works perfectly.

Message 8 of 17
ioj
Contributor

We are in need of a code for VR-3215

Message 9 of 17
Tutor

Anyone have a working code for the VR3215? 

Message 10 of 17
Professor

try the sony tv codes

When testing the codes don't use the TV ON & OFF keys to determine if the codes work or not, they NEVER work on westinghouse models.

Message 11 of 17
Contributor

I have found that there are two choices for the VR-3225:

10056- This works great if you do not need to change input source.

Will work for on AND off and volume functions for the TV with the RC64/65 remote using the upper right On/Off buttons, but will NOT work to change the Input. (box opens, up/down arrows highlight the source in TV mode on remote but could not find a way to select the changed input)

10178- If you need to change the input source

Will turn ON the TV and receiver, will control the volume of the TV, when slid to TV in the upper center switch will properly change input on TV using arrows up/down and select, but will NOT work to turn the TV off when slid back to left and using the upper right off button.

Since I have two HDMI sources and have to switch my work around is this:

When wanting to turn off the TV and receiver, I FIRST select the upper right ON button (which turns off the TV) then select the upper right OFF button which turns off the receiver.

Please post if anyone finds another way around this.

Message 12 of 17
Professor

give 11758 a try to get on & off and input.

Message 13 of 17
Contributor

Thanks however when using this code the input button doesn't work Frown

Message 14 of 17
Professor

Did you program the input key using the 960?

1. tv

2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release

3. enter 9 6 0

Message 15 of 17
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Need immediate assistance with your bill or technical issue? Don’t wait, Click here to chat with us. You can also check out some helpful articles below!

Additional Support