Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Volume not working on RC73 Remote/HR44 Receiver

Highlighted
Employee

Volume not working on RC73 Remote/HR44 Receiver

I just received a replacement Receiver/Remote for my Genie.  The remote control itself works powering both TV and Receiver on/off.  I can change channels no problem.

My issue is that I cannot change the volume on the remote. (Im having to use my Samsung Smart tv remote for power)

I had no issues with this on my other older receiver/remote.  Its ONLY a problem with this new one.

When toggling volume it comes up 'remote not programmed for this tv' so i attempt to go through the steps to program (which I think its already programmed since everything works... but hey)

I press and hold the Select and Mute till i get the 2 green blinking lights.  I then enter 961 and channel up/down.  obviously that all works but the volume still does not work.

HELP ME!!  ~too many remotes~

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable
Solution
Accepted by topic author Employee
Accepted by jenn24fan
‎02-10-2016 9:27 AM

Re: Volume not working on RC73 Remote/HR44 Receiver

While pointing the remote at the receiver, press and hold down the MUTE and ENTER (under the number 9) button at the same time until you see "Applying IR/RF setup, please wait." If it is successful, it will say "Your remote is now set for RF."

When that is done, press Menu then go to Settings and Help > Settings > Remote Control > Program Remote > Program TV > Choose the Brand > Select "I don't know my model"

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 32
Employee

Thank you!  I will try when I get home.  (hadnt tried the first part you mentioned)

Fingers crossed - will let you know Smiley Happy

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! That should do the trick for you. 

Message 4 of 32
Employee

THAT DID IT!!!  Thank you so much.  My replacement DVR/Remote replaced an older model.  Needless to say there werent any instructions included and I knew nothing on how to turn on the 'RF'.

I really appreciate it.

Message 5 of 32
Contributor

I have the same issue - everything on the remote works except the volume. The TV is a Samsung 4K, but when I went through the TV programming piece, my model does not appear. I did the "I don't know my model" routine, and had to go through 66 "try this one" attempts, and none of them worked. Suggestions?

Message 6 of 32
Contributor

I did all of the above then the last step was to use the Yamaha as the volume and press select while pointing remote at receiver all it comes back with is try again, have been trying for the last 5 minutes with no results. What now?

Message 7 of 32
Mentor

Same thing for me with a Samsung 4K TV.
Message 8 of 32
Contributor

I had a slightly different problem but this fixed it. Thanks

Message 9 of 32
Contributor

Thanks!!!!! I called direct TV and they could not help at all
Message 10 of 32
Contributor

Thanks it worked. I called direct TV and they were useless.
Message 11 of 32
Contributor

Volume not woking on Rc 73 remote... followed all instructions in your solution forum and it still does not work!
Message 12 of 32
Contributor

Tried all the prior instructions - still not working
Message 13 of 32
Contributor

I have an LG 55LB6300 and it worked perfectly for the last 2 years then yesterday *poof* stopped controlling the volume! After an hour with DIRECTV I was told it's my fault and they can't help me.  Ridiculous.  When I asked to speak to s supervisor they told me that they would have me do exactly the same thing.  I said, "then why do you have supervisors?" Now, I have a technician coming out and I will have to wait 4 hours.  Hmm, we'll see but I am breaking up with DIRECTV stat...I hate that company! Horrible 

Message 14 of 32
Contributor

perfect clear answer. it worked for me

Message 15 of 32
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support