VIZIO E552VL LCD HDTV "Not Compatible" with DIRECTV Remotes???

Contributor

VIZIO E552VL LCD HDTV "Not Compatible" with DIRECTV Remotes???

We've just spent over 3 hours on the phone with DIRECTV reps trying to program our remotes to a couple of different VIZIO models.  VIZIO model E321VL we finally found a gal in Pennsylvania who was really on the ball and got it handled in a minute.  Problem is, we don't know how to get her back

for programming the model E552VL. 

The E552VL does not respond to ANY of the VIZIO TV model numbers in the remote control handbook, nor any of the extra numbers given us by DIRECTV.  The last fellow with whom I spoke told, "Some TV's just are not compatible with DIRECTV's remotes."

What the......?

There must be an answer!  This is completely unacceptable.

Message 1 of 11 (1,851 Views)
Professor

Re: VIZIO E552VL LCD HDTV "Not Compatible" with DIRECTV Remotes???

If the manufacturer suddenly changed to a new codeset not in the directv remote, there  will never be a code for it until a new remote is released, which isn't happening for at least another two years.

Message 2 of 11 (119 Views)
Contributor

I will try to determine whether or not VIZIO suddenly changed to a new codeset in the directv remote and report back here what I find out.

I appreciate your response.  I have to admit that we're a bit put out at the prospect of having bought this expensive TV and now having to wait 2 years for a directv remote that will operate it.  Gee whiz!

Thanks.

Message 3 of 11 (119 Views)
ACE - Expert

Where is it written that DirecTV's $20 remote must have commands to control EVERY TV ever made?  That's simply unrealistic.  TV manufacturers keep changing their remote codes and it take time for the remote control manufacturers to keep up.  In the mean time, you can always use the remote that came with the TV.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 11 (119 Views)
Contributor

I have a vizio vo320e and I have the same problem, these units are about two years old so the code should be there somewhere...

on the manufactures list there is not one "vizio" listed

Message 5 of 11 (119 Views)
ACE - Expert

A quick search here turned up the following Vizio codes ....

11756, 11758, 11768, 10056, 10178, 10864, 10885

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 11 (119 Views)
Contributor

Same issues, but with Vizio model E420VL.  It worked up until last week, so I know at one point there was a workable code, but having cycled through all the ones I can find on the internet and all those suggested by the representative, I'm all out of ideas...

Thoughts?

Message 7 of 11 (119 Views)
ACE - Expert

Quote: Originally Posted by ni2016 

Same issues, but with Vizio model E420VL.  It worked up until last week, so I know at one point there was a workable code, but having cycled through all the ones I can find on the internet and all those suggested by the representative, I'm all out of ideas...

Thoughts?

So what changed?  Have you tried changing the remote's batteries?

Message 8 of 11 (119 Views)
Contributor

Our son came down and programmed our third remote using the automatic scan instructions found in the Directv Remote Control user manual.

I wish I could explain it step-by-step on here, but I'm just not as articulate as I once was. Sorry.

There are some additional code sets listed at: http://vizio.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38

Hope this helps.

P. S.- The automatic scan instructions are on pages 8-18, and can be found on the Directv site at:

http://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1343/session/L3RpbWUvMTMxOTU5MzgyMy9zaWQvUXRVb0V1SGs%3D

Message 9 of 11 (119 Views)
Contributor

I'd love to know how you solved the issue with your other Vizio model, because I can't find the code for it to get it to work with the DirecTV remote. Thanks.

Message 10 of 11 (119 Views)
Tutor

im an installer and i find that 11758 has always worked for me... even newer models

Message 11 of 11 (119 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Need immediate assistance with your bill or technical issue? Don’t wait, Click here to chat with us. You can also check out some helpful articles below!

Additional Support