Using Samsung Remote Control to Control Genie

Scholar

Using Samsung Remote Control to Control Genie

I know that I can set my DirectV to control my Samsung TV (just bought not yet received) but I assume that any control of the Samsung other than on\off is not possible from DirectV remote.

Is there a way to use the Samsung Remote to control my Genie DVR?

Message 1 of 4
Employee

Re: Using Samsung Remote Control to Control Genie

Some newer Samsung TVs comes with a IR blaster to control the DirecTV receiver.  although due to the special buttons on the DirecTV control, is awkward using the Samsung remote.  YMMV

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4
Scholar

Thanks, I guess I will just wait until I get the TV but it sounds like I will stick with DirectV remote

Message 3 of 4
Employee

sticking with the DirecTV is your best bet.  or perhaps you might want to get a fancier universal remote like the logitech harmony line

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Need immediate assistance with your bill or technical issue? Don’t wait, Click here to chat with us. You can also check out some helpful articles below!

Additional Support