Use of genie in rv without internet connection?

Contributor

Use of genie in rv without internet connection?

I am trying to set up a genie system in my 5th wheel. In my other I used wired with my swm but I have more tv's now. Can the genie system work without internet or with minimal data usage from cellular service?
Message 1 of 7
ACE - Master

Re: Use of genie in rv without internet connection?

All DTV receivers work without internet, you will just lose On Demand start from the beginning and paying for PPV with the remote.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Professor

Internet not required. Just for On Demand, ordering PPVs by remote, using Pandora.

Mini Genie Clients will not work without the main Genie. I mention this as a common question was people trying to take one of the Minis when they traveled and leaving the main unit at home.

It is highly recommended to NOT connect any Directv box to any kind of internet that has data caps or metered (overage or having your speed throttled when cap is reached).

Message 3 of 7
Contributor

I was planning on using the dvr base with 2 mini's. Can that be done without internet or with minimal data usage from cellular?
Message 4 of 7
ACE - Master

Yes.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 7
Professor

You can use any Directv receiver box without internet.

Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
Contributor

Thank you all, will try the set up next weekend.
Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Need immediate assistance with your bill or technical issue? Don’t wait, Click here to chat with us. You can also check out some helpful articles below!

Additional Support