Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Troubleshooting remote to tv and Genie Mini

Highlighted
Tutor

Troubleshooting remote to tv and Genie Mini

I recently has the direct tv installed in my home. For Christmas we purchased a new tv so we moved the old one to the bedroom. I called myself reprogaming the remote but it only programmed the tv. Now I'm stuck on the same channel  with no options. How do I troubleshoot the remote to the Genie Mini also?

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Chelusk
‎12-27-2017 9:17 PM

Re: Troubleshooting remote to tv and Genie Mini

If it's an RC7x remote model, try resynchronizing to your Genie by pressing MUTE + ENTER for several seconds.  

See also .... https://forums.att.com/t5/Remote-Controls/Having-trouble-with-your-DIRECTV-remote/m-p/4880120#M27028

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Tutor

Thank you so much!! That was so easy and I've been without tv in my room for 3 days lol😁

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Expert

You're very welcome.  Enjoy!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

I came home from a trip out of town for 2 days and the tv in my bedroom shows a blank gray scree.  I've reset the mini genie, unplugged it, and used the mute/enter buttons to reset as well.  The guide or channel listings show up but with a blank screen in the upper left corner where there would normally be a picture.  The same issue occurred in my den but pressing the reset button on the genie worked.  For some reason none of the suggestions have not worked for the bedroom.

DTC

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support