Helpful Links

Trouble mating Directv remote to Pioneer receivers

Highlighted
Contributor

Trouble mating Directv remote to Pioneer receivers

We use Pioneer Receivers in 2 cases.  In one case, the DTV remote will control the audio but not the on-off.  In the other case, it will only control the audio if the DTV remote is put in teh AV1 position.  And again won't control the on-off.  Ideas to fix?  TNX

Message 1 of 4
Professor

Re: Trouble mating Directv remote to Pioneer receivers

All components programmed to the AV1 or AV2 devices can only be powered from the middle PWR key in that device. The separate ON & OFF keys are only for TV's and sat receivers.

To get the remote to punch through the volume to ALL devices:

1. av1 or av2

2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release

3. enter 9 9 3

4. press SELECT

Message 2 of 4
Contributor

I can't get my genie remote to powered on/off my xenon receiver but it controls the volume
Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

Kyletw wrote:
I can't get my genie remote to powered on/off my xenon receiver but it controls the volume

@Kyletw, That's right.  Genie remotes (RC7x models) cannot control power on AV Receivers.  You might be able to do it using "HDMI CEC" control on your AV Receiver and DirecTV box. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Announcements

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Entertainment this holiday season!

Need immediate assistance with your bill or technical issue? Don’t wait, Click here to chat with us. You can also check out some helpful articles below!

Additional Support