Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Technician will not get on roof

Contributor

Technician will not get on roof

Have an issue with the connection to my satellite dish which is not allowing me to get updated program information. The installer or technician came out to my property today to say that he's not allowed to step on the roof anymore. So this means that they won't remove the dish on my roof there still two previous dishes on my roof and they want to install a new dish to allow them to not leave the ladder. They used OSHA regulations as the reason why they can't get on any customers roof anymore, they can only do installations of new dishes from the ladder. This is totally unreasonable that they won't service their equipment or fix a simple issue. Anyone else having this issue and getting the run around? If not resolved I'm leaving Directv after 10 years at $200 a month.... Thoughts?

Message 1 of 66
ACE - Expert

@N1ck4now wrote:
Blah, blah, blah, I got it.

Thanks juniper. Thanks to you i’m already switching to Comcast...

Bye.

[Inappropriate content removed]

I simply gave information relevant to this thread. If you chose to switch, that was your decision, I didn't force you. I have been nothing but polite so your animosity surprises me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 61 of 66
Teacher

Yes, ATT technicians are curiously surprised by animosity resulting from their refusal to adjust DISHES THEY INSTALLED.

As detailed in OSHA Lame Excuse Manual 472-B (rev 3088) 

Message 62 of 66
ACE - Expert

@N1ck4now wrote:

Yes, ATT technicians are curiously surprised by animosity resulting from their refusal to adjust DISHES THEY INSTALLED.

As detailed in OSHA Lame Excuse Manual 472-B (rev 3088) 

OSHA regulations updated. DirecTV stays in compliance by keeping techs off the roof. AT&T could choose to spend whatever money on the approved safety equipment and time training their techs, but have chosen to keep it at the simple route. Yes this makes it problematic for some old installs as the regulation does not make an exception for them.

Sorry I am not an AT&T tech. I am a customer like yourself, this is a customer to customer forum, not DirecTV official support. Suggesting physical harm because you are unhappy seems rather juvenile. So I shall move on and discuss with others who do want help and can handle discussions in an adult manner.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 63 of 66
ACE - Expert

Most likely those dishes where installed before the AT&T  merger.

Message 64 of 66
Highlighted
Teacher

I was nice, I was polite, and where did that get me but a recurring parade of  “Nah, we got your money, I’m not getting off my ladder” or “why don’ we put it on a pole in your front yard and charge you $35/ft to run cable around to the back of your house.

[Please keep it courteous]

Message 65 of 66

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this subject. While we encourage debates and discussions, we would like it to be carried out in a climate of mutual respect.
The topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will help other users find this information too!  Use the Kudos Button to offer a thumbs-up for good content.

Message 66 of 66
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support