Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Sports Stations

Contributor

Sports Stations

I have the sports package and also wanted to get some east coast stations like YES,SNY,MSG 1-2 and others. I get them until 4PM and then I get an 721 error message. I was told when I was talking to one of your agents that those stations would cost me $8.00 per month to be included in mt bill. I have been getting the run around every time I call to speak to someone that can help me. Why do I get these stations almost all day until the games come on and get the 721 error. The stations are coming from NY and some agents told me I can't get these stations for when the game comes on because I am on the west coast. I would like someone that knows what there talking about and explain this to me.

Message 1 of 10
Former Employee

Re: Sports Stations

If you have the Sports Pack ($17.99 a month) you should get all those RSN channels, however, the FCC enforces blackout rules not Directv and no amount of money will get Directv to defy the FCC.

Message 2 of 10
Scholar
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by B11751
‎09-10-2016 7:09 AM

The sports pack is 13.99. It does not include the professional sports. Those are extra. You would need MLB extra innings to get the out of market games.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 10
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Sports Pack $13.99 includes over 35 RSN and specialty sports channels.

Per the rules regarding sports, professional games that are out of your market would be blacked out. So if you get YES from the Sports Pack, but are West Coast located, than you are definately outside the Yankees' market.

To watch games that are by default blacked out because you are out of market, you would need the corresponding seasonal sports package for out of market games (MLB Extra Innings, NBA League Pass, NHL Center Ice, NFL Sunday Ticket, MLS Direct Kick). These are the rules that govern professional sports, TV providers can only follow the rules on this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 10
Expert

@B11751 so think about it, if you could get out of market games by buying the sports pack, who would by the professional sports subscriptions? The Sports pack will give you the talking heads and some "minor" sports events, but you would never get professioanls sports games.

Message 5 of 10
Tutor

Hi I have the same package here in AZ. I am originally from NJ and a Big NY Yankees and NJ Jets fan. I purchased the sports pckge and I too get the error message. We get this message bc there are games that are live (being played at the moment) since we are out of market, the channel is blacked out. Kind of weird right! We pay for the YES network so we can watch the Yankees, but mlb governs that, and we are only able to watch YES broadcasted shows. For example I dvr The Michael Ky show everyday. Hope This helps
Message 6 of 10
ACE - Expert

To repeat, you can't get the professional sports (MLB etc) by buying the sportspack. Except for games broadcast by your local Regional Sports Network, you need the professional sports subscription (MLB extra innings etc) to get them. So if you have the sportspack and are watching, say, YES, when a game comes on it will be blacked out.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 10
Contributor

I think that putting the shows on before the Games does not make any sence to me. If the station is broardcasting from NY why does it go off after pre game. Also can I order the game I want to watch on a certain day, I tried that and that does not work. The other option is buying a box called JetStream and hook it up and not pay a cable it works on your wi-fi in the house.

Message 8 of 10
Expert

If the station is broardcasting from NY why does it go off after pre game

becuase profesional games are NOT included as part of the sport pack.

can I order the game I want to watch on a certain day

No, you need to subscribe to the entire profesional sport package.

Message 9 of 10
ACE - Expert

And Jetstream won't help you, it's just a streaming box and you would still need to subscribe to the MLB app.

Message 10 of 10
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support