Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Satellite dish installed on wrong building

Satellite dish installed on wrong building

I live at 166 a building addressed as 166. It is a single family home that I own outright. It is a semidetached row house. The neighbor at 168 has DIrectTV but I do not. The two dishes are installed on my building and the cabling runs across my facade. It has put holes in the siding of my building as well. I have called your customer service and they say that I cannot request that the equipment be moved, Only the customer can give that permission. Your company has not gotten my permission to have the equipment installed on my building and have trespassed and damaged property. I have spent hours on the phone with your representatives and have gotten no where toward resolving this. The neighbor's have no problem at all with the equipment placement and refuse to call. 

Message 1 of 9
ACE - Expert

Re: Satellite dish installed on wrong building

You own the dish and cables to do what you want, best to leave the mounting plate installed to prevent leaks,  most likely you will need to sue the neighbors for damages as they are the ones that gave DTV permission to install it.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 9

I did not realize that I would get leaks too. How could DIrectTV install something on a house without permission? I think they should remove it and repair the damage that their technicians have done.

Message 3 of 9
ACE - Expert

The people that called DTV gave them permission to install the dish. As you have found out DTV will do nothing as you are not the account holder.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 9
ACE - Expert

The DirecTV installer has to trust that the person ordering satellite service has the appropriate landlord permissions.  It's between you and your tenant if they never got your approval.  And any damage claim needs to be filed by the account holder.

Message 5 of 9

These dishes do not belong to my house. They installed the dishes on my house for the next door neighbors. It is a separate building.

Message 6 of 9
ACE - Expert

@BelovedMother wrote:

These dishes do not belong to my house. They installed the dishes on my house for the next door neighbors. It is a separate building.

Did your neighbor ask them to install the dish on your property?!?  What a horrible thing to do!

Message 7 of 9

Not only did the neighbor not ask, neither did the DirectTV company.

Message 8 of 9
ACE - Master

the neighbor told the installer where to put the dish

you need to take this up with the neighbor

i would just remove it

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support