Remote codes-Best Buy Insignia NS-SB212 Soundbar (Panasonic Veira)

Remote codes-Best Buy Insignia NS-SB212 Soundbar (Panasonic Veira)

I have a problem finding a good remote code to program a new NS-SB212 Insignia Soundbar.  I have tried the 5-6 codes listed in the setup and now the 12049 code suggested  in another post.  My remote is a RC-1984.... about 1 year old.  I have also tried both audio 1 and audio 2...   Any ideas?

Message was edited by: Mark Prokosch

Message 1 of 26

Re: Remote codes for a Signia NS-SB212 Soundbar (Panasonic Veira)

Here is some additional information....  about what hardware I have today:

Direct TV H25

Receiver ID 036825482288

Model H25-100

Serial A32LA2AV120159

Remote 1 :    RC1984741-02B

Remote 2:     URC2482RG0-0

Soundbar is an Insignia NS-SB212 purchased at Best Buy.

Any ideas?

The soundbar has its own IR remote, so there must be a code????

Message 2 of 26
Expert

Re: Remote codes-Best Buy Insignia NS-SB212 Soundbar (Panasonic Veira)

If your remote is a Directv model, look on the front face, upper left corner and post back the model number.  It will be something like RC65.

Message 3 of 26

The numbers on my remotes are:

RC65

RC32

I hope this helps!!!

Message 4 of 26

additional information.  The remotes have these numbers on the face:

RC65

RC32

Message 5 of 26
Tutor

I also have tried every code you can find for this same sounbar and none of them work for RC65 remote.  I will be following this thread.  Hopefully someone can figure it out.  I tried the manual method for as long as I could stand it.  I think that is a joke.  Just how many combinations can there be?

Message 6 of 26
Employee

you need an RC65X or RC66X and a compatible receiver in order to load the codes from the receiver as the remotes do not have any sound bar codes "on board"

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 26

I just don't understand why Best Buy and DirecTV can't compare notes and share their codes...  This is not national security.  I am going to be very cautious about buying any additional Insignia branded electronics.  I have not had these issues with the other major electronic brands.

Message 8 of 26
Expert

Prior to the introduction of the remotes that Peds mentions, codes had to be built in to remotes at time of manufacture.  If one of your devices were made after the remote, there is no way for the remote to control your device.  The new system allows a software update to the receiver to contain remote code updates which then can be loaded on the remote.

Message 9 of 26
Tutor

can you explain what you mean "The new system allows a software...".   What "new system" are you referring to?

Also are you saying if I got a newly manufactured RC65 remote it would have the remote codes in it for this soundbar?  Kind of sounds like a crap shoot.  How would you know that the remote was programmed with the new remote codes in it?

Message 10 of 26
Employee

"the new system" is an HR24, H25 or HR34 paired with an RC65X or RC66X remotes.  these remotes gets the codes from the receiver instead of the codes being "hard coded" into the remotes. DirecTV can add more at any time via software updates to the receivers

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 11 of 26
Expert

A further explanation.  The new remotes are capable of adding to their remote code data if connected to one of the newer HD receivers or HD DVRs.  Regular software updates to the receivers and DVR's also update the remote code data base, thus that system is better able to keep up with codes on recently released TV's and sound systems.  When you activate a device in one of the new remotes, the necessary code (if available) can be downloaded from the receiver/DVR to the remote.

Message 12 of 26
Tutor

so I'm planning on replacing this standard def receiver with a HD Receiver, looks like a H25 model.  So I guess that will fix the problem.  I hope.  Thanks everyone. 

Message 13 of 26
Employee

dcd wrote:

A better explanation.  The new remotes do not contain any codes,

Actually D, they do have codes "built in"

Employee Contributor*
Message 14 of 26
Tutor

sooo  upgrading to a HD receiver will or will not resolve the problem? 

Message 15 of 26
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Need immediate assistance with your bill or technical issue? Don’t wait, Click here to chat with us. You can also check out some helpful articles below!

Additional Support