Remote RC65 won't work with my Genie Mini, but still works TV. Help??

Contributor

Remote RC65 won't work with my Genie Mini, but still works TV. Help??

My Ipad will change the chanel, but not remote.  I tried resetting the remote, no luck. 

The remote will work the TV commands, (Volume, On/Off), but when I hit menu or try changing the channel the blue DTV blinks on the mini, but nothing happens.

Please Help!! :smileyconfused:

Message 1 of 5 (4,209 Views)
Employee

Re: Remote RC65 won't work with my Genie Mini, but still works TV. Help??

First thing to try is resetting your client using the red button reset on the side of the client

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5 (283 Views)
Contributor

client meaning the mini?  I did that, even unplugged it for a min.

Message 3 of 5 (283 Views)
Employee

try holding the power button on the mini (the DirecTV logo) for 12 seconds

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 5 (283 Views)
Contributor

Finally figured this one out.

Press and hold Genie Mini power button for 12 seconds. After Mini powers up, you can program the RC65 using default code 00001 (using the mute+select method).

From here, you can follow on screen prompts to change to RF function. The mini will give you the six digit code needed to setup RF once you get to the correct screen.

Write this number down for future reference. That way you can simply press Mute+select, 963, channel up, then the six digit code given on the screen to reprogram the remote or another remote if needed.
Message 5 of 5 (59 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Need immediate assistance with your bill or technical issue? Don’t wait, Click here to chat with us. You can also check out some helpful articles below!

Additional Support