Explore & discover

Helpful Links

RC73 Programming Coby television

Teacher

RC73 Programming Coby television

Hi,

I'm using my rc73 from my Genie with IR and I want to program my Coby 40 inch tv (not sure model number).  I've used 12315, 12314, 11531 and 11738 and I can't get it to work.  On a related note, I can't get my old RC64R remote (also on IR) to control the tv.  Are there other codes to try or what else might I be doing incorrectly?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 18
Expert

Re: RC73 Programming Coby television

What model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door.. 

Message 2 of 18
Teacher

The satellite receiver is an HR24-100, I'm not sure what the tv model is.

Message 3 of 18

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/remote_codes2

Message 4 of 18
Expert

The HR24 is not a Genie

Message 5 of 18
Teacher

Yes, the remote is a RC73 remote, which I'm using in IR mode, on a HR24.  It works as a directv remote, I want to program the remote so that it will also control my television.  The installer told me that the RC73 remote will work with any previous model of dvr in IR mode, but I can't get it to program my Coby.

Message 6 of 18
Teacher

Thanks, what's interesting, or telling as the case may be, is that when I click on the RC73 remote, the box that comes up has a place for TV and satellite, does that mean you can't run the sound through a receiver since it's not an option to program?

Message 7 of 18
Professor

The RC7X remotes are made to be programed in RF from an HR44 Genie or C41/51 mini and are intended to be used with them

The following code is the most popular for your brand.

Setup Instructions
  1. Turn on the TV manually or using the original TV remote.
  2. Press and hold the "Mute" button and the "Select" button at the same time until the green light on the top of the remote blinks twice.
  3. Using the number key, enter the first digit of the code above. Wait for the green light on top of the remote to flash twice
  4. Enter the remaining 4 digits of the code above.
  5. Aim the remote at your TV and press the "OFF" key once. Your TV should turn off. If it does not turn off, repeat the steps above, trying each code until you find the correct code.
  6. Tell us if it worked!
Message 8 of 18
ACE - Expert

The RC7x remotes really aren't designed to work with the HR2x HD DVRs. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 9 of 18
Expert

You can run sound through an AVR, you just wont be able to program the RC73 manually tho to an AVR, you need a compatible receiver.  You are better of using an RC6x series remote.

Message 10 of 18
Teacher

That seems to be true.  However, I should have opened another thread.  While I can't get the RC73 to code to my Coby on the HR24.  Another RC73 also won't code to my Yamaha RX-V667 receiver on the HR44 (brand new Genie installed today).  I can get along with my RC64R, but I would like my RC73 to work on the Genie it's designed for.

Message 11 of 18
Teacher

Thanks, so even with an RC73 AND a Genie, I can't get the RC73 to control the volume on the AVR?  I'm new, it seems I can't hit correct on this, sorry about that.

Message 12 of 18
Teacher

I realize this is basically a second problem, sorry about that.

Message 13 of 18
Expert

You can use the HR44 to code for the Colby TV, there are more codes on board the software that there are manually.  Try to code the RC73 for the colby then after that you can tackle the AVR on the HR44.

Message 14 of 18
Tutor

Coby codes...13478...12306...12314...12315...12344...12348...press mute and select until the green light blinks twice...enter the first number of the code and pause for the green light to blink twice again, then enter the last four digits, then check the volume

Message 15 of 18
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support