Explore & discover

Helpful Links

RC73 HR54 remote programming for Denon AVR 1610

Highlighted
Mentor

RC73 HR54 remote programming for Denon AVR 1610

Got new system installed last week.   The installer programmed the remote it only controls volume and won't turn on/off.   Not that big of a deal.

But, I ordered another RC73 to have 2 working remotes in the family room like I have with uverse.

Problem is, I can't program the 2nd remote.   I have gone thru the menus etc and it does not work.   The 'copy settings' is greyed out.   I have tried several codes off of the lookup codes w/o any luck.   Is it possible they only have 1 remote programmed at a time?  I have the 2nd remote in RF mode, so that should not be a problem.

Is there a way to tell what the current code is on the first remote?  The old uverse remotes had a function that would tell what the current programming code is (instead of the nifty copy settings option).   

Any thoughts or ideas is greatly appreciated.

Klute

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: RC73 HR54 remote programming for Denon AVR 1610

The RC7X remotes where never made to control the On/Off of A/V receivers or soundbars only the volume.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Mentor

I realize that and it's not a big deal.   I just find it odd that I can't program the 2nd remote to operate like the first one.

It would be great if I could just control volume, on/off is not a deal breaker. 

I must be missing something.   Shouldn't there ne a menu to program the audio where it asks for the make/model like the TV?   

Message 3 of 4
Mentor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by JKlute_1
‎02-10-2017 3:05 PM

Well, as luck would have it, I have figured it out.

When programming the remote it did work for the volume on the TV, but I always answered NO that it didn't work.   But when I answered YES that it did work, I then was prompted to program the receiver and that finally worked.   That's that part I was missing.

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support