Explore & discover

Helpful Links

RC73 Genie Remote to Control Vizio S4251w-b4 soundbar

Tutor

RC73 Genie Remote to Control Vizio S4251w-b4 soundbar

I'm trying to get my RC73 remote to turn my Vizio soundbar on/off and control volume.  I've tried going into settings, entering the Vizio model #  and also tried the "I don't know my model" option but both resulted in a failure to program the remote. I keep getting "There was an issue programming your Vizio Audio with your remote.  Retry or set up later.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Ken

Message 1 of 11
Professor
Solution
Accepted by Anonymous
Accepted by Anonymous
‎11-10-2015 2:15 PM

Re: RC73 Genie Remote to Control Vizio S4251w-b4 soundbar

The RC7X series remotes can't turn any soundbars/A/V receivers on/off by design, only HDMI-CEC can turn them on/off.

What is the model of receiver you have?

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 11
Expert

Re: RC73 Genie  Remote to Control Vizio S4251w-b4 soundbar

While you wont be able to control power with the RC7x series of remotes, try doing a Red Button Reset of the Genie/mini and try programing the remote again

Message 3 of 11
Tutor

Thanks for the replies.  My A/V unit is a Vizio S4251w-b4.  I can't find any info. on how to do a Red Button Reset.

Message 4 of 11
Professor

The red button is behind the access card door on the Genie, on the side of the minis.

Message 5 of 11
Tutor

No joy doing a Red Button Reset.  Not a big deal - it just would be nice to only deal with 1 remote.

Message 6 of 11
Expert

Which receiver are you suing to set up the remote? Model number?

Message 7 of 11
Tutor

I have a HR44-700.

Message 8 of 11
Expert

If you have other minis try using them to program the remote. 

Message 9 of 11
Contributor

Sorry, but you are wrong.    I have two rc73 and a Visio Soundbar.   Both control the soundbar until I made a mistake and reset one of the remotes ..   I got it to control the soundbar by following the directions on the TV.     Go to menu, settings, remote and follow the directions.   When you get to the screen that says, installing code 1 of1,    finish, then do it again,  you will see, installing 1 of 2,  finish then redo,   you will get a screen that says use TV or soundbar.       It works I just did it.   

Message 10 of 11
ACE - Expert

@WMC2035831, thanks for that update.  Of course, a lot has changed in the 3 years since this was originally posted. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 11 of 11
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support