Explore & discover

Helpful Links

RC66 with Denon AVR-2700

Contributor

RC66 with Denon AVR-2700

I been unsuccessful  in finding a code and setup so my Direct TV remote can control the volume and power on/off my Denon receiver.  I tried all of the codes from Direct TV remote setup screen.  Was wondering if anyone had any luck with this model or similar receivers.

Also is the proper way to program my remote for a Denon receiver is to

1.  Slide bar to AV2

2. press mute+select

3. enter code

4.  Hit the volume button and hope the volume on my receiver change?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
Professor
Solution
Accepted by Anonymous
Accepted by Anonymous
‎09-08-2013 2:50 PM

Re: RC66 with Denon AVR-2700

The volume keys NEVER work initially with ANY audio code. Reason is the volume keys won't work at all without a TV code programmed to the TV device, once there's TV code its volume is now in the way, but that can remedied:

So with tv code in, a partially working code denon code programmed to av1 or av2 device, to get the volume in a single device:

1. av1 or av2

2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release

3. enter 9 9 3

4. press VOL DOWN

If you want the Denon volume in ALL devices:

1. av1 or av2

2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release

3. enter 9 9 3

4. press SELECT

Other Denon codes to try 30004 or 30160.

Message 2 of 6
Expert

Just to be clear.  Programming the volume control to the Denon is a three step process:

1.  Program the volume control to the TV.

2.  Program on/off to AV1 for the Denon

3.  Switch volume control from the TV to the Denon, all devices.
This is intended to make it clear what Tivoburkee's instructions accomplish.

Message 3 of 6
Contributor

Thanks tivoburkee and dcd for helping me get the volume control working with my Denon receiver. 

One more question,  I can power on/off my Denon AVR-2700 receiver with my RC66 remote by changing the slider to av1 and hitting the power button.  Is there a way to have the slider set to DirectTV and power the receiver on and off with my DirectTV receiver?  My TV works this way but not the Denon.  Is this what you were referring to #2 dcd in your post?

Message 4 of 6
Expert

Indeed.  The on/off button will operate the receiver or DVR plus the TV.  For the Denon, slide the switch to AV1 and use the PWR button.  None of the remotes will operate all three in the on/off settings.

Message 5 of 6
Professor

Only Directv receiver or dvr and tv can be controlled by the ON & OFF keys, the av receiver can only be controlled via the middle PWR key in the av1 or av2 device, sorry.

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support