RC65 remote and Proscan 32 inch LED tv model PLDED3273A-B

Teacher

RC65 remote and Proscan 32 inch LED tv model PLDED3273A-B

Just bought this TV and would love to being able to use the DirecTV remote to control the volume and turn the TV on and off but so far all attempts have been futile.

I've tried a whole lot of codes and also tried scanning but nothing seems to work.

I understand that some remotes have a newer chip in them that supports newer TVs. Not sure if there is a newer remote than the oen I have which is RC65.

Message 1 of 32
Professor

Re: RC65 remote and Proscan 32 inch LED tv model PLDED3273A-B

a failed codesearch is very good proof there isn't a code to find, sorry it happens.

just in case try searching by volume, with tv on, volume up but muted:

1. tv

2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release

3. enter 9 9 1

4. enter 1

5. press and release VOL UP key

6. point the remote at the tv, keep pressing and releasing the CH UP key, if and when the volume changes

7. press SELECT to lock in code

rememer there are over 300 brands of tv, many having more than one code, give it time. Do not use the ON & OFF keys to determine if particular code works or not, test ALL keys. the ON & OFF keys don't work with many top of the line brands.

Message 2 of 32
Teacher

I did that already, twice actually. 

Message 3 of 32
Professor

Alright, there is nothing more than can be done, time for an aftermarket solution, learning universal remote, it probably won't have preset code either. So you use the tv remote to teach the aftermarket remote the commands one at a time.

Message 4 of 32
Teacher

I guess my office TV will be a two remote TV. Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 32
Teacher

Don't know what happened to my posts on this subject, but I just purchased a Seiki 32" TV and had problem getting RC65 operating all functions (could not change volume). I used your volume method for getting code and it worked on this TV. Gave up on the Proscan.

Message 6 of 32
Professor

Would you please blink back the code and post the results here:

1. tv

3. enter 9 9 0

a) press #1 key, count the blinks, it will be one

b) press #2 key, count the blinks

c) press #3 key, count the blinks

d) press #4 key, count the blinks

e) press #5 key, count the blinks

Message 7 of 32
Teacher

Code 11758

TV Sieki Model # SE32HY10

Message 8 of 32
Professor

Thanks alot, I'm sure it will be helpful to people in the future.

Message 9 of 32

I recently ran accross a couple of these TVs while in the field. I was able to program an RC65 remote to both of them. The code that seems to work best is 12051. If TV Input button does not work use Mute + Select and 960 to get that working. Hope this helps!!

Message 10 of 32
Teacher

Thanks, troubled31707, but neither code worked, seem to need a 4 digit number. The way I was entering codes was to put RC65 switch to TV, press and hold both MUTE and SELECT until green light blinks 2 times, enter code #, press select and green light should blink 4 times, if accepted. Neither 12051 nor 960 were accepted. Am I doing it right? What is TV input button?

Message 11 of 32

Program the remote by moving the mode selector to TV. Mute + Select until LED flashes twice. Type in 5 Digit code (LED will flash twice if code accepted). Test volume, on, off and Input (top left button on remote) buttons on the remote. TV should respond to all of them. If so you are done move mode selector back to DTV mode. If the TV Input button does not change the inputs on your TV (for example to watch a DVD) you will need to use the mute + select buttons on the remote and type in 960 to enable the TV Input button while in TV mode.

If the LED flashes 4 times that means it has deactivated a feature such as the TV Input button, or on the RC65R series remotes RF mode. When you are programming the remote the LED should only flash twice at any time.

Message 12 of 32
Teacher

Followed instructions and after entering 12051only got 1 blink from LED and no response from TV. Tried 960 and got 4 blinks from LED and no response from TV.

Message 13 of 32
Professor

For the proscan:

1. TV

3. enter 1 0 1 7 8 or 1 0 0 5 6

when testing the codes, try ALL keys, not just the tv ON & OFF .

Message 14 of 32
Teacher

Both numbers were accepted, LED flashed 2 times, but TV didn't respond to either, neither VOL or TV Input.

Message 15 of 32
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Need immediate assistance with your bill or technical issue? Don’t wait, Click here to chat with us. You can also check out some helpful articles below!

Additional Support