Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Program directv remote for soundbar?

Teacher

Program directv remote for soundbar?

I need to program my Directv remote to control my Samsung HW-KM45C soundbar. This model is not listed when I go into the program remote menu. I put "I don't know my model" and went through 32 of the 37 codes it came up with, but then it wouldn't go to the rest of the codes. Suggestions? I don't see an option for entering codes manually.genie rc73 remote.
Message 1 of 29
ACE - Expert

Re: Program directv remote for soundbar?

Start with the tips here ....

https://forums.att.com/t5/Remote-Controls/Program-your-DIRECTV-remote-control/m-p/4291887#M1

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 29
Teacher

Did that and no luck. It's a genie remote rc73, and the soundbar is connected with an optical cable. Should I use hdmi cable instead?
Message 3 of 29
ACE - Expert

The type of connection has no influence over the remote commands.  But note that the RC7x remotes can only control a Soundbar's volume settings, not power on/off.   

What model DVR do you have?  

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 29
Teacher

All I want it to do is control the volume. I think it says HR54-700
Message 5 of 29
Teacher

Frustration!!
Message 6 of 29
Teacher
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎06-08-2016 2:29 PM

Ok, found out that when i'm programming the remote the on screen cue says to test by pressing power, but power doesn't work with the soundbar. I used the volume up to test and finally got it working.
Tags (1)
Message 7 of 29
Contributor

Thanks! The vol up tricked worked for me too. 

Message 8 of 29

Volume up worked

!
Message 9 of 29

Program DirecTV genie remote for Samsung soundbar

We have a Samsung Soundbar Model HW-K450 and used the volume up button rather than power (off) button when pairing the remote and that's what finally worked for us. Also be sure to change volume lock to "audio" rather than "tv". Ours didn't work until we chose that option. Hope that helps!
Message 10 of 29
Contributor

Re: Program DirecTV genie remote for Samsung soundbar

That solution worked for me also on my Sony HT-CT150. Used the volume up and ignored the power off suggestion. Then switched to audio and set it. After many hours following instructions I switched to a search engine and found the solution after a half hour of work. Thanks all.

Message 11 of 29
Contributor

Thank you.

Message 12 of 29
Mentor

Ya they tell you to Hit Power But then you find out it will not control power on or off.  DUH

Message 13 of 29
Contributor

I have a Samsung soundbar HW-K360 which I was able to program.  It works for volume and OFF, but not ON.  I want to be able to turn ON the tv and soundbar with the Directv remote.  I cannot figure it out...very frustrated.  Please help.

Message 14 of 29
ACE - Expert

As stated the RC7X remotes do not turn on/off any A/V receivers or soundbars, only HDMI-CEC will do that so for some reason the sound bar is not responding to it to turn on.

Message 15 of 29
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support