Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Program Vizio to DirectTV Remote

Program Vizio to DirectTV Remote

I have a Vizio Model E371VL tv. I have followed the DirectTV menu on screen instructions to program the remote but the exact model is not populated in the list of Vizio tv's. Is there an update or download available?

Thanks

Message 1 of 49
Contributor

Re: Program Vizio to DirectTV Remote

Thank you.  I've been on the phone with Directv techs.  None of the codes worked until I saw this forum and 10056 worked!!  I have a new 2017 Vizio Model E43-E2.   

Message 31 of 49
Contributor

This was so easy to do after gettng your codes. thanks a bunch

Message 32 of 49
Contributor

totally unable to program direct tv remote to vizio d50-d1/ Tried tons of codes even 3- 4- 5 digit. It worked when we first got iy. stopped suddenly

Message 33 of 49
Contributor

I have a KVH M1 Sat DirecTV receiver (on a boat) and Vizio is not one of the TV remotes listed in receivers remote menu option.  After weeks of trying various codes and TV types (LG, universal, etc), I determined that the receiver and matching Hughes HRMC-15 remote needs a 3 digit code for all the TV options - went through several of them on the DirecTV receiver menu.   There are about 5 three digit codes for the Vizio TV (my 43' was purchased Apr 2018), and the code that worked for me was 004.  Press mute and TV button, button stays lite, enter code 004 and TV turned off.  Used power button on Hughes to turn back on and then I could use DirecTV remote for TV volume and power - which is really all I wanted.  Hope this helps someone with similiar issues!

Gary

Message 34 of 49
Contributor

Are these the same codes for a Visio E50u-D2? They worked to power vizio on and off but not working with my HD dvr

Message 35 of 49

I'm doing this and nothing happens. 

Message 36 of 49
Contributor

Idk what I'm doing wrong bc i tried multiple times and my volume still did not work. I also didn't know if you were supposed to leave it switched to tv or slid back to the far left...either way i tried both & neither worked!!! 😭😭😭😭 man i didn't even look at the date on this forum. Lol

Message 37 of 49
Contributor

None of those codes work for me

Message 38 of 49
Scholar

depending is you have the longer universal remote and are doing the programming instructions correctly the code for vizio that always works is 11758. instructions are as follows universal remote with yellow select button only....1. slide switch on top remote to the right 2. Hold mute and select at the same time until the green light flashes on top of remote 2 times (when you hold then wait 2-3 to see the double light 3. let go type 11758 right volume. If the code works PLEASE before channel is changed slide the switch to the left before you try channels.  If you have the genie remote 1. You must pair the remote to that box in RF mode..hold mute and enter...(yes i said enter bottom right corning of genie remote. You should get a message your remote is now setup for rf select OK on the screen. Press volume or navigate into menu to remote control.  

Message 39 of 49
Contributor

Thanks, I was at my wit's end! Still can't get tv input to work, but I'll sure settle for this!

Message 40 of 49
Contributor

What code did they give you for the Directv remote to work on a 40 inch Vizio TV that is around 10 years old?

Message 41 of 49

I never got mine to work, ran it through a receiver
Message 42 of 49
Tutor

I gave up and went to AT&T online chat and I was given the correct code for mine which is 10178.The AT&T guy had my trouble cleared in less than 3 minutes! I have saved it in my Iphone so I won't have to go thru that again! 
Message 43 of 49
Tutor

My Vizio is 48 inch and about 5 years old. AT&T guy gave me code 10178.It worked great for mine!
Message 44 of 49
Tutor

I have tried every code including 10178...numerous times. Im cancelling Direct tv.
Message 45 of 49
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support