Program Vizio to DirectTV Remote

Program Vizio to DirectTV Remote

I have a Vizio Model E371VL tv. I have followed the DirectTV menu on screen instructions to program the remote but the exact model is not populated in the list of Vizio tv's. Is there an update or download available?

Thanks

Message 1 of 27
Contributor

Re: Program Vizio to DirectTV Remote

well I have tried every code there is, and every combination of things 6 times over and still my dtv remote does not work the volume and mute. It did ast one time, before Christmas! Also talked with techs 3 x, they are at a loss...no help there. Anyone have a suggestion "outside the box"?

Message 16 of 27
Contributor

None of ther numerous codes worked for me including 10178, geez

Message 17 of 27
Contributor

Oh thank you,thank you, thank you!!! This worked!!!! The techs were nice but couldn't find the answer and told me I would just have to send in for a new remote. Your information saved me money, frustration, and got my volume back working sooner. I thank you again so very very much for taking the time to post your solution. Gratefully, su
Message 18 of 27
Contributor

I have used all codes and can't get my remote to turn off the tv or turn up or dwn any more it worked and now all of a sudden just stoped..
Message 19 of 27
Contributor

Trying to reset remote for our new tv, a Vizio. After reading your posts I tried # 10178 then # 960. Now remote turns tv on & off along with volume up & down. Thanks again for your posts on this matter, this section helped more than the Directv help person did.

Message 20 of 27
Contributor

I'm trying to program direct TV remote to vizio E32-C1 nothing works any ideas
Message 21 of 27
Employee

@Ceceleal best to start your own new thread.  Include details about your equipment (model numbers, how things are connected, etc), and any troubleshooting you've tried so far.  

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 22 of 27
Contributor

I had my remote working everything perfectly for over a year. Something happened a few days ago---it only controlled the direct tv box. I went through the set up directions over and over--finally, two hours on the phone. NO LUCK. I followed everything again and now have the remote working except for shutting both the TV and Direct TV off at once. I have gone through all the codes. Driving me crazy. 

One thing I have noticed is that I can not get it to stay in RF mode. 

Message 23 of 27
Employee

@sabourdm see post # 22.  Make sure to include remote control model numbers 

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 24 of 27
Contributor

My remote is an RC 71 and the tv is a Vizio VA 320 E

Message 25 of 27
Contributor

The first code worked! The only pecular thing is that the TV still won't turn off when I hit the "off" button, but will if I hit the "on" button again - a little weird but I can make it work. Thanks for posting.

Message 26 of 27
Highlighted
Contributor

Message 27 of 27
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Need immediate assistance with your bill or technical issue? Don’t wait, Click here to chat with us. You can also check out some helpful articles below!

Additional Support