Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Program RC73 remote to controll Sanyo TV

Highlighted
Tutor

Program RC73 remote to controll Sanyo TV

I can turn on my uverse box and the RC73 remote will also change channels but it won't turn on/off my Sanyo tv or turn volume down/up. I tried the 961 code for both up channel and down and neither helped. Can someone give me an idea ?

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 14
Former Employee

Re: help,uverse box

Do you mean DirecTV?

Try pressing the Mute and Enter (underneath the number 9) buttons down at the same time. A message should come up the screen. If that doesn't work, press Menu on the remote control go to Settings & Help > Settings > Remote Control > Program Remote and use the TV option to re-program the remote control to the TV.

Message 2 of 14
ACE - Expert

The RC7X series of remote will not turn any A/V or soundbars on/off only HDMI-CEC will do that.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 14
Tutor

Yes I mean direct tv and it worked for my tv before I think I just need a code for my tv but don't see where I can find it and I did try the menu way and now every time I try to push volume it tells me it is not programmed for that and I try that and it still refuses to work.
Message 4 of 14
ACE - Expert

What model DirecTV DVR/Receiver do you have?

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 14
Tutor

Hr44-500. Sanyo tv model dp46812

Message 6 of 14
Former Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by vbeetle
‎02-15-2016 3:14 PM

You can try manually programming the remote by pressing the Mute and Select buttons down at the exact same time and then entering the TV code. The codes I was able to find for that brand are: 11142 11362 11480. After entering the code, test out the Volume button to see if it worked.

Tags (1)
Message 7 of 14
Tutor

omg it worked with the very first code! Thank you so much! Such a relief!

Message 8 of 14
Former Employee

Awesome, glad it worked for you! Not a problem at all.

Message 9 of 14
Contributor

I have the HR44-200 DVR and my remote is a RC73

At this time it turns on my Vizeo tv and DVR it works fine.

What I would like to do is get the code for my Denon AVR 1312 so I can get all three to turn on and off. So I need the code and how to input with this type remote. Thanks. John K.

Message 10 of 14
ACE - Expert

@madmonk57 wrote:

I have the HR44-200 DVR and my remote is a RC73

At this time it turns on my Vizeo tv and DVR it works fine.

What I would like to do is get the code for my Denon AVR 1312 so I can get all three to turn on and off. So I need the code and how to input with this type remote. Thanks. John K.

See my response to your other thread.  Short answer .... it's not possible with the RC7x remotes.   You need to use "HDMI CEC" instead. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Message 11 of 14
Tutor

It also worked for both my Sanyo TV's - 11142
Thank you so much !!!!!
Message 12 of 14
Contributor

Anyone know how to make it work with my car stereo for volume? Sony XAV 712HD
Message 13 of 14
Contributor

had volume control on a sanyo, went to settings, pair remote, (put new batteries in remote) and it finally worked

Message 14 of 14
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support