Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Optical Output

Highlighted

Optical Output

This is a basic question.  Is the optical output from the Genie HD54-200 receiver a Dolby signal and if so what version.

I have connected an optical cable from the Genie receiver to my sound bar with no sound.  If I reconnect the cable to my Samsung Smart TV I get audio.  

I have searched the Directv forum with no definitive answer.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Elevator515
‎01-03-2018 2:13 PM

Re: Optical Output

The DVR's optical output provides whatever format the station is using.  If "Dolby Digital" is enabled in the Audio Setup Menu, that can be either Dolby Digital 5.1 surround audio, or PCM 2.0 2-channel audio.  If Dolby Digital is disabled, then the output is always PCM 2.0 2-channel audio.  

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4

This was exactly the answer I needed.

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

You're welcome! Enjoy!

Note that digital audio is those formats is also output via the HDMI connection. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support