Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Old Directv Equipment

Teacher

Old Directv Equipment

When I upgrade my Directv equipment, does the installer take my old equipment with them? Should I even let the installer take my old equipment, or do I need to keep it in case Directv asks for it back? What I don't want to happen is that the installer takes it, and then Directv later requests that I mail it back to them. I didn't know how the process generally works with that kind of thing.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert

Re: Old Directv Equipment

@DTVTiVo09384 wrote:

When I upgrade my Directv equipment, does the installer take my old equipment with them? Should I even let the installer take my old equipment, or do I need to keep it in case Directv asks for it back? What I don't want to happen is that the installer takes it, and then Directv later requests that I mail it back to them. I didn't know how the process generally works with that kind of thing.

It depends. What are the model numbers of your current boxes? Older boxes don't need to be returned. Newer models are typically dropped off at UPS or FedEx Shipping Center. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
ACE - Master

i have had installers take the old box with them

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 7
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by DTVTiVo09384
‎07-15-2019 7:10 PM

Your D11 receiver is very old. Directv will not want it back.

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 7
Teacher

Thank you for the info.  That solves it for this time, since the D11 is so old.

In general, if Directv wants the equipment back, is it better to let the installer take it or is it better to mail it to Directv?

Message 5 of 7
Employee

Both options accomplish the same goal. I usually take equipment with me and it gets scanned in at our warehouse. 

The other option would be to take the equipment to a participating ups or FedEx store (not usps) with your account number and they can mail them in. It's usually easier to have the tech take them.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 7
Teacher

Thank you for the info.

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support