Explore & discover

Helpful Links

New tv set up cable box blinking orange

Highlighted
Contributor

New tv set up cable box blinking orange

Just installed a new tv I thought I put all the cables where it needed to go but the cable box is blinking orange and my smart tv isnnot locating it. Is itnan easy fix where maybe a few cables are in the wrong spot or does it need an update?

Message 1 of 5
Employee

Re: New tv set up cable box blinking orange

What is the model of the receiver?

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5
ACE - Expert

@Crehalen wrote:

Just installed a new tv I thought I put all the cables where it needed to go but the cable box is blinking orange and my smart tv isnnot locating it. Is itnan easy fix where maybe a few cables are in the wrong spot or does it need an update?

The TV shouldn't have to locate the DirecTV box. What model box do you have plugged into the TV?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5
Contributor

c61-700

Message 4 of 5
ACE - Master

make sure the tv is on the correct input

did you accidentally disconnect the coax from the c61?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Help for DIRECTV's newest satellite receiver. View Genie 2 Help
Additional Support