Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Moving back...

Contributor

Moving back...

My family and I moved from our house of 20 years into my in-laws house, for health reasons for my mother in law. They had crappy cable. We moved our service with us. It has been about 5 months. All we did was take our receivers with us and they came and did they installation. 

Heres the thing. We are ready to move back. The health situation has gotten better. Can we just box our receivers up and take them back to the house and plug everything back in and have them work? It’s in the same town, so the local channels would be the same. The dish is there, all the cables are still there. Will this work? I don’t want to pay to move it back again. 

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Moving back...

The problem is that AT&T has cracked down on those who kept changing their address all the time as the service was intended for 1 account for an address. So the service address is only supposed to change with a Movers order. Since it hasn't been a full year since your move, the order would be $199.

If you are moving back to the same home you were in before, and you had no change in equipment, then theoretically you should be able to just plug the boxes back in (with possible running satellite setup to make sure matches the old place). But the terms of service will be violated as the service address will not match exactly where you are at.

Wish they had an exception policy to update address in a situation like this without a Movers order. I would call DirecTV and when you get the voice system just say "cancel" so you can speak with their retention department. I feel one of their historically more experienced agents should discuss this unusual situation and see if they can figure out a workaround. Hope they find one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support