Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Mini genie

Contributor

Mini genie

Can you connect a mini genie directly to satellite without main genie? (believe it's a 54)

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎05-16-2019 1:08 PM

Re: Mini genie

No, minis are bricks without the Genie.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Mini genie

Clients (Mini Genie or RVU) are extensions of the Genie (HR34, HR44, HR54). Think of it as both TVs connected to one box. As such, Clients cannot work by themselves.

You can have HDDVRs (or even HD non-DVRs if you really want to) instead of Clients. Being full receivers, they can connect separately. Great if the Genie ever goes down, or it is on a separate receiving dish such as a detached garage/workshop or RV. There is no monthly cost difference between those 3 options as it is $7 for the authorized TV regardless.

The only exception is if you have the Genie-2 (HS17) as that only allows Clients on the account. So a regular Genie is a more reliable system.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support