Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Is your Dish out of Alignment? Learn How To Check! - Error Code 711

Highlighted
Community Support

Is your Dish out of Alignment? Learn How To Check! - Error Code 711

Allignment.png

Are you seeing error code 711? Is your service freezing or losing signal? The heart of your DIRECTV service is the dish & signal! If the dish is not aligned, you will experience intermittent loss of picture, pixelation, audio issues, or complete loss of service. Follow the steps below to check the alignment of your dish:

HD Receiver Instructions

Press Menu on the remote and select the following:

1. Go to Parental Favs & Setup 
  2. Scroll to “System Setup”
  3. Go to “Satellite.”
  4. View “Signal Strength.”
  5. Go to “Signal Meters.”

SD Receiver Instructions

Press Menu on the remote and select the following:

1. Scroll to Setup
  2. Scroll to “System Setup”
  3. Go to “Satellite.”
  4. View “Signal Strength.”
  5. Go to “Signal Meters.”

Once the above is selected, you will see a meter and percentage of the signal strength. You will also hear beeps. If the percentage is below 70% or the beeps are far apart, 1 every 3 seconds, your dish may be out of alignment. Check out this Accepted Solution provide by one of our Ace's, @litzdog911!

Feel free to chat with us to get this addressed!!

If your dish is on a roof, please do not attempt to adjust it, chat with us to setup an appointment.

-ATTDIRECTVCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 31
ACE - Expert

Re: Is your Dish out of Alignment?

And here's a handy template you can use to post your satellite signal readings in the DirecTV Forum.  These readings can give us clues about what might be wrong .... misaligned dish, cable/coax problem, defective LNB, etc.  

Satellite transponders (32 total at 101º)
[Most of your standard definition channels are beamed from 101ºW]
1-8 x x x x x x x x
9-16 x x x x x x x x
17-24 x x x x x x x x
25-32 x x x x x x x x

Satellite transponders (11 total at 119º)
[Not present with Slimline 3 dish. Local SD channels for some cities, Spanish package]
17-24 NA NA NA NA NA x x x
25-32 x x x x x x x x

Satellite transponders (11 total at 99º(ca))
[National HD channels]
1-8 NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA
9-16 NA NA x NA x x x x
17-24 x x x x x NA x NA

Satellite transponders (14 total at 99º(cb))
[National HD channels]
1-8 x x x x x x x x
9-16 x x x x x x NA NA

Satellite transponders (16 total at 103º(ca))
[National HD channels]
1-8 NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA
9-16 x x x x x x x x
17-24 x x x x x x x x

Satellite transponders (14 total at 103º(cb))
[National HD channels]
1-8 x x x x x x x x
9-16 x x x x x x NA NA
17-24 NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 31
Contributor

Can you please send me the technitian ?

Message 3 of 31
ACE - Expert

ltrevino18 wrote:

Can you please send me the technitian ?

No.  @ltrevino18, you need to call or chat with DirecTV .... 1 800 DIRECTV

You might want to start your own new thread with more details about the exact issues you're having and maybe we can help. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 31
Contributor

My genie will not work on the hdmi cables.. my tv only has hdmi featuress to plug in

My roof leaks and the dishes on my roof have to be moved to the edge of the house since I am putting a new roof on

please send me someone to move it

Doug Jones   [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

Message 5 of 31
ACE - Expert

egsuper wrote:

My genie will not work on the hdmi cables.. my tv only has hdmi featuress to plug in

My roof leaks and the dishes on my roof have to be moved to the edge of the house since I am putting a new roof on

please send me someone to move it

Doug Jones   5807211242

@egsuper, no we can't do that.  We're customers like you.  You'll need to call DirecTV at 1 800 DIRECTV to arrange a service visit to move your dish.  Expect to pay ~$50.  

Regarding your HDMI problem, please start a new thread with more details about your equipment (model numbers, etc), exact symptoms, and troubleshooting you've tried so far. 

Message 6 of 31
ACE - Expert

You own the dish and everything but the receivers, DTV will be happy to re mount or replace the dish but you or someone will need to remove it as DTV doesn't remove dishes.

Message 7 of 31
Contributor

Is there any type of app that I can view the signal strength readouts from my system on my smart device while I am outside at the dish, or do I have to run back and forth between dish and TV to check alignment? 

Message 8 of 31
ACE - Expert

rwsulli74 wrote:

Is there any type of app that I can view the signal strength readouts from my system on my smart device while I am outside at the dish, or do I have to run back and forth between dish and TV to check alignment? 

@rwsulli74, no, unless you're willing to invest in an expensive satellite signal meter.  If you have a webcam in your house, you could aim the camera at your TV's signal meter screen and view it on your smartphone.   Or do what I do .... have a spouse or friend relay the information to you by shouting or using your cell phone.  

Message 9 of 31
Contributor

My HD receiver keeps giving me the 75 error. Seemed to have happened AFTER the cleaning ladies came.  We have checked all of the connections to make sure nothing was knocked loose.

My readings on the receiver are:

1- 8 00000000

9 - 16 00000000

17 - 24 00000000

25 - 32 00000000

32 total at 101 degrees.

Message 10 of 31
ACE - Expert

MartinFamily wrote:

My HD receiver keeps giving me the 75 error. Seemed to have happened AFTER the cleaning ladies came.  We have checked all of the connections to make sure nothing was knocked loose.

My readings on the receiver are:

1- 8 00000000

9 - 16 00000000

17 - 24 00000000

25 - 32 00000000

32 total at 101 degrees.

775 error?   That means they probably unplugged the dish's power supply (SWM Power Inserter).  Do you know where yours is located?

Message 11 of 31
Contributor

We took our dish off of our roof and do NOT want to put it back up there (we are installing a metal roof) and want it on a pole.  What pole do you recommend and also what height.  Is there a special bracket that we can purchase to mount it.

Thank you.

Message 12 of 31
Employee

@sharehone DirecTV can install the pole for you. There might be a one time custom labor fee of $75.00 to install the dish on a pole.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 13 of 31
Contributor

I need to have my dish repositioned, it has been years since we have had an adjustment. My visual reception, more frequently, is becoming distorted and also need information on obtaining new remotes. Thank you
Message 14 of 31
Contributor

No pole
Message 15 of 31
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support