Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Installing Wireless Video Bridge

Contributor

Installing Wireless Video Bridge

I am trying to find directions on how to install the wireless bridge for my Directv.  I have an existing HD DVR which has two mini genies connected but not wireless (via coax whole home).  DirectTV sent me the wireless genie and Wireless Bridge for self install but no directions and the tech support was absolutely no help. Hoping I can find some help here or I’m just returning them.  

Any idea on how I connect this bridge to my main receiver?  Will it be impossible to do with the existing Swim connector for the existing genies?

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: Installing Wireless Video Bridge

The WVB is connected with coax to the SWM splitter.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Thank you for the response.  I’m still unclear what is connected first.  Does the coax that carries the signal from the satellite continue through the SWM first and then to the WVB and then through to the DVR?  

Message 3 of 5
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by TJLewarchick
‎12-31-2018 4:32 AM

You can either hook the bridge to one of the cables that was connected to the old genie minies, or you need another cable you take the cable from the main receiver hook it up to the open port on the bridge. Unscrew the cap on the 2nd port and plug main receiver to that. When it it detected the genie will prompt it on the screen. Then you go to menu whole home add client that will put the bridge into beacon mode will start to flash blue green and the wireless bridges will detect it then and give you a signal strength of excellent good fair or poor that’s when you can try to connect you enter the pin from the genie and select a location to replace follow the step till you get a picture repeat process at other location. Then hit done the wireless will freeze for a second or too and will do some updates but should work after. 

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

Thank you so much! With this forum help and some additional entries showing I had to enter a code on the new wireless mini genie to enter the connection process, I finally got this up and running. I’m thankful people on these forums are far more intelligent then the Tech Support you encounter when you call. All part of their process to try to get you to pay the $99 installation and recommit to a 2-year contract I assume.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support