Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Installing Direct TV on a pole

Contributor

Installing Direct TV on a pole

OK, so when the installer installed my internet and Direct TV, he stated he needed to install the dish on a pole by the house.  He then stated he could not do it on that trip due to having to call to have the are checked for underground obstructions (Call Julie before you dig!) but someone would come back and take care of it and I would not be charged anything.  I waited almost a month and finally got on a chat tonight to ask when someone was going to install my dish.  It is sitting on the ground right now with a piece of tree limb under one side to hold it level.  The chat person scheduled someone to come out this Saturday to complete the installation.  I just received an email confirmation and it is labeled as relocating the dish and has a $49 charge!  I am not paying for an installation that was not completed in the first place!  On top of that, my super fast fiber 1000Mbps internet has a consistent speed of about 450Mbps download and 800Mbps upload.  No problem with the upload, but the download should definitely be faster.  Technician assured me he made changes on his end that would solve the problem.  Didn't happen.  I am beginning to regret my switch from Comcast, although their customer service is a complete exercise in futility.  They are still trying to get me to return equipment I have already returned and have their receipts for!

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Installing Direct TV on a pole

The internet is nothing to do with Directv, you need toi talk to ATT about your internet speed.

If you needed a pole mount because of line of sight issues, it's free. Otherwise there is a charge. Just call Directv to get the work done and the charge removed.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support